music source bug in alaska?
Not sure if this is a bug. But when I add a music source. I have a folder located on my server with all mp3, and aac files. When I go into muusic from the home menu it will scan media info (loading media info from files) each and everytime and the process takes awhile. Any idea why it's doing this? I thought it just needs to scan it once? My music wont show up until after it finishes scanning. But it does this everytime I select Music from the home screen.
I have the same problem, but my music is local.
Same with other skins?
That was something I was not sure of (and had no time yet to check). I first noticed it a week ago, so might also have to do something xbmc 9.11 beta . I'll check it under a few other skins and report back later.

Edit: I also encounter it with other skins, so seems not specifically Alaska related.
Elbert Wrote:That was something......

Does it happen right when you start XBMC or when it is already active for a while? When starting up it always scans my entire (local) music database and music isn't available when it is doing so. I disabled auto update for music at startup and it works like a charm.

Not sure if this is exactly what you meand but it worked for me (btw it is not skin related).
Eoghlear Wrote:Does it happen right when you start XBMC or when it is already active for a while? When starting up it always scans my entire (local) music database and music isn't available when it is doing so. I disabled auto update for music at startup and it works like a charm.

Not sure if this is exactly what you meand but it worked for me (btw it is not skin related).

Same here. I believe it behaves the same as movies. Since I'm not using music library, I turned that off to and it works just great.
Hitcher Wrote:Same with other skins?

This is not skin related and has been an issue with Beta 1 and 2 now for afew weeks. There is already a ticket open on it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music source bug in alaska?0