Tvshow all seaasons by default
Hi, have a little question, how can i make it so that when i click on a tvshow i get automaticly sent to "all seasons" and skip the part where i have to chose between all seasons, season 1, season 2 and so on?

Usually i just have one new ep in each tvshow cuz i hide watched, so it just kinda bothers me that i have to go through this extra step even tho ill get the same result if i click all seasons or season 2 or whatever is the latest season

thanks Smile
There used to be a setting "flatten all seasons", but it was probably removed in the recent settings overhaul.

In that case it should be available as an advancedsetting:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...library.3E
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I was wondering what happened, can we have it back please?!?
It's available as an advancedsetting as sho points out.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

yes, but advanced setting does now allow to change while running.

ideally, this should be part of the ui just like the other flatten (genre etc).

even better if it was contextual:

flatten on main video, tv, or movie page = flatten genres
flatten on tv > show page = flatten seasons

anyway, you can take this not as criticism, but as feedback:

changing the options this late in the cycle was/is annoying. Settings changes should have been made way back at the beginning of the cycle or held until after this stable release for the beginning of the next.

while I'm venting, if you want to remove more settings you might as well remove the WINS and workgroup settings and/or the whole network tab. These are components for the OS, not XBMC.
They're only components of the OS if you have access to the OS. This is not true for many setups such as AppleTV or Live. I agree on other setups, which is why those settings aren't present on win32.

Why do you want/need flatten seasons anyway? Perhaps we're misunderstanding a major use?

Normally I run in always flatten (both genres and seasons), especially for shows which have only a few seasons I don't want to be moving in/out of individual seasons. Who really likes to divide up by genre and seasons? thats a bunch of extra layers of menus and clicks over time.

Some times I know I'm going to be watching a show(s) which have a bunch of seasons I might switch to seasons, or when showcasing its nice to have the individual season images.

Quote:They're only components of the OS if you have access to the OS. This is not true for many setups such as AppleTV or Live. I agree on other setups, which is why those settings aren't present on win32.

I stated basically the same thing regarding removing the default user/password but it was removed as well. Not to mention, it affected my library when I did 'clean library' and no longer had the default user/pass remembered. Lost a ton of 'watched' flags and had to rescan all the stuff that I hadn't exported recently.
Off topic: The default user/pass was removed as it was replaced with a better system. Clearly a different thing entirely. I agree that the removal could have potentially caused problems, but it was such a clearly better system that it was considered worth the small amount of hassle. For future reference, all you needed to do was navigate into your default user/pass folders and it would have prompted you and saved it. It only caused a problem if you did something like a library clean without doing this first. Lastly, settings are reviewed prior to the release cycle beginning as this is the most logical place to do it - many settings may have been added or may no longer be applicable due to development since the last stable. Thus, we clean them all up prior to the first release. Unfortunately this time around it was a little late, so a few of the cleanups occurred during the alpha period. They were all in by beta 1.

Back to the topic at hand, I can see the argument when all you have is one season that's unwatched - we've even had a few discussions as to how to implement it when it was brought up internally.

I suspect, however, that your use of flattening of seasons is atypical. Thus, I don't see the need for cluttering the UI with yet more options - we need to reduce the complexity of XBMC, not increase it. Obviously this is going to upset some people, but so be it - if XBMC is more useful to more people as a result, then IMO that's a win.

The "flatten genres" thing will be removed at some point as well as it's something that is very much set-once and forget (i.e. turn it on) and the few cases where you want genres or whatever can be done in better ways.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Ok.

jmarshall Wrote:The "flatten genres" thing will be removed at some point as well as it's something that is very much set-once and forget (i.e. turn it on) and the few cases where you want genres or whatever can be done in better ways.

Well, in the words of Jo Anne Galloway, "I Strenuously object!" to the concept that flatten is 'set and forget' setting.

Maybe I'm the only one that feels that way, but I believe it definately takes away from the usefulness moreso than less clutter by removing it.
Quote:the few cases where you want genres or whatever can be done in better ways.

Obviously it'll be removed only once we feel there is a suitable (i.e. better) substitute.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvshow all seaasons by default0