[MOD] Movie Language Flag
what about movies with two audio streams? which one is recognized? the primary, i guess?! couldnt you allow to add two flags to appear? like ENG and DEU!?? That would be really nice, cause at the moment i have the language flags disabled, cause there are too many movies with two languages and if it shows only one i am confused^^

but, i understand if these would make too many flags. and too many flags seem ugly to me as well
ichAlex Wrote:what about movies with two audio streams? which one is recognized? the primary, i guess?! couldnt you allow to add two flags to appear? like ENG and DEU!?? That would be really nice, cause at the moment i have the language flags disabled, cause there are too many movies with two languages and if it shows only one i am confused^^

but, i understand if these would make too many flags. and too many flags seem ugly to me as well

Well there are 2 reasons why this is not implemented (although I'd like it as well):

1. As you already noticed there would be too many flags showing. What if a movie had 3 languages or even 4 (yes I have a movie with 4 audio sources)?
2. As far as I know there is currently no way of determining whether a movie has more than one audio source in the skin engine. There only is this ony item which returns the primary audio source language and nothing else.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hitcher Wrote:Image

What colour scheme are you using? Please tell me that's not "Night", because mine just does NOT look as hot as that. You saving all the best stuff for yourself?

Wink

Seriously, you do fantastic work, sir. I'm in awe, and back and forth between Alaska and Aeon (the current Aeon65 release).

I seriously can not decide which one to use. Daily! Like, every single day, I swap themes, and look, and enjoy, and watch. I think Alaska superior in its menus and layout options, while Aeon has a bit nicer (sorry) main menu choice. I just can't get past the blue squares on Alaska, and I dislike the PNGs (maybe I haven't found a set I want) and I can't use vertical text...

BUT, when I get inside the skin, I see the layouts like above that simply DECIMATE the Aeon views (I liked Multiplex, but had to switch to Showcase for easier readability) and then you see almost a FULL SCREEN representation of the box art in Alaska - it takes your breath away. Everything is so much smoother, and faster, and nicer... It shows how much of your own personal level of quality that you have put into it, and we all appreciate you for it.

Dammit. Why must you make me choose?

Laugh
ichAlex Wrote:what about movies with two audio streams? which one is recognized? the primary, i guess?! couldnt you allow to add two flags to appear? like ENG and DEU!?? That would be really nice, cause at the moment i have the language flags disabled, cause there are too many movies with two languages and if it shows only one i am confused^^

Subtitle language support has been added for the next release.

I've just asked but currently we can only use the first subtitle language but as soon as multiple languages can be used I'll simply use a fadelabel to show each one consecutively in the same panel.

is language flag / subtitle flag in the current git, i tried downloading it, but i didnt see any change, dunno what u mean by next release, is that a big thing or?
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
henrikyo Wrote:is language flag / subtitle flag in the current git, i tried downloading it, but i didnt see any change, dunno what u mean by next release, is that a big thing or?

The language flag is in the code for a while now. But you have to enable it in Alaska's customization settings.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
henrikyo Wrote:dunno what u mean by next release, is that a big thing or?
Yes, I want to pretty much finish everything for the next release.
Hello,

after few tries, i still can't find how toactivate the display of audio language tag... Am i missing something ?

PS: i did install the Alsaska revisted from hitcher repository today direclty within XBMC so i guess i'm running the last version (2.6.8)
Sorry to post in this dead thread but where can I find mediaflags like in the screenshots?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Movie Language Flag0