9.11 Camelot - Just what was needed!
Thumbs Up 
Last week, I upgraded my XBMC for Windows to the latest release, and I am totally impressed. I fell in love with this software when I read about it in Maximum PC about a year ago, and this new version has reaffirmed my reasons why I use it. I like the new default skin, and how the settings have been streamlined. The program also seems to run faster, and it does a better job of displaying video on the screen. This release looks right at home on my HDTV.

I build HTPC's for people as a hobby, and have used XBMC as the default Media Center software for the last year. The hardest thing to teach the end-user about was the settings page. With this new release, the settings are what I call "user intuitive," and it has drastically reduced the number of "Help I broke my HTPC!" calls! I know there were some concerns from the community about this, but from a tech-support aspect, I say BRAVO!

Since the release of the new version, I have pulled in all of my local builds (6 here in Okinawa) and upgraded the install. I have also sent out an upgrade howto via email to my "customers" in the US. The response that I have received from them has ranged from "Is this the same program?" to "This is f&*#$ AWESOME!!!" My father, who is a mildly tech-savvy 59 year-old, now only uses XBMC as his default media center app, because he can make sense of the settings page, and it makes him look cool to his girlfriendBig Grin.

So I wanted to make sure and say thank you to the entire XBMC team for their hard work, and to pass on the reactions that I have been getting from my customers.

Thanks again!

Mark
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
linesma Wrote:My father, who is a mildly tech-savvy 59 year-old, now only uses XBMC as his default media center app, because he can make sense of the settings page, and it makes him look cool to his girlfriendBig Grin.

Haha Wink Thanks a lot for this report.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I don't know the all history of XBMC.
I discover the software for the first time with this version

The skin confluence is perfect Smile great work !
I will have now a real alternative and really better media center.
Old situation was very bad in term of electrical energy. (PC -> ps3media server -> ps3 -> TV + Home cinema)
Now , PC -> TV
Better for my money and for global warning Wink

Thanks to all developpers and thanks for the french translation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
9.11 Camelot - Just what was needed!0