sharing libraries between xbox and mac(&win)?
I have a xbox witch is streaming media from my network attatched harddrive (upnp and smb).

I just started tinkering with the library scrapers (imdb mostly) and gotten a fair share of my movie library tagged with correct movie info.

But now i want to be able to use the same library on my mac/win machines aswell..
is this possible?

i had to manually go thru the movies and force the scraper by requesting movie info, then select the correct movie from a list of hits and continue on to the next film.

this is fine for one with only a few movies in the list, but im well over 200 films already and the NAS drive isnt even half full...
so doing it again is out of the question.. Tongue

and a separate question (to avoid double threads i ask it here)
i have a bunch of tv shows organized like so:
root/Series/TV_show_name/SeasonXX/tvshow.s01.e01.avi

the tv scraper works fine, gets most of the show info right, but fails to find any media whatsoever within the tvshow folders (when in library mode that is, finds media fine in list mode).

I tryed with several different shows, some of witch only have one or two media files and they are contained directly in the /TV_show_name/ folder (without season folders) and they dont work eather..
simple method, as sources are the same on xbmc clients, just scrap on one, then export your librairy in separated file, fanart + poster + nfo will be created in sources.
then scrape on your other client, it will take local info you've exported.

edit:
for tvshow error:

tvshow.s01e01.avi not tvshow.s01.e01.avi
the tv shows were misspelled in my first post. there is no dot between season and episode numbers.

problem still exists..

i tryed to add a advancedsettings.xml to my userdata folder containing the 1.4 version of the script in this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51614 thread, but no success.

i noticed that upnp services arent able to use scrapers (fails every time at my place), meaning i have to use the smb share.
is there a way to store the username/password across reboots so i dont have to type it in every time i turn it on?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sharing libraries between xbox and mac(&win)?0