[MOD] Xbox-friendly textures
Hey guys...just downloaded the Camelot T3CH build, noticed that it didn't come with Confluence.

So, I grabbed it from the Windows build.

Then I noticed that it doesn't work on Xbox because of the new texture-packing, so I pulled the images down from SVN and made em into an XPR.

Tested on the latest build, works with no major problems. Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mt2w2mitnnn/Textures.rar
good stuff! - thank you Big Grin
digitalhigh Wrote:Hey guys...just downloaded the Camelot T3CH build, noticed that it didn't come with Confluence.

So, I grabbed it from the Windows build.

Then I noticed that it doesn't work on Xbox because of the new texture-packing, so I pulled the images down from SVN and made em into an XPR.

Tested on the latest build, works with no major problems. Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mt2w2mitnnn/Textures.rar
thank you, very handy!
Hey can you guys pack that up and make sure it gets added here for easy installs?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53231

Thanks for doing this!!
this skin works amazingly well on xbox! I had it run out of memory once but not sure what caused it. I am using it now and it is running well. What has been everyone else's experience?
jarod71 Wrote:this skin works amazingly well on xbox! I had it run out of memory once but not sure what caused it. I am using it now and it is running well. What has been everyone else's experience?

I'm using it currently, and really enjoy the performance. The only thing I notice any lag in when I scroll quickly through movies...takes a second for the new posters and fanart to cache.

However, I wonder if this load time would be improved by making the poster images "largeimage" controls instead. May give it a try and share the resulting xml if it works. Wink

EDIT: No, nevermind. missed the 'background="true"' tag for the textures. Hmmm...
Can someone upload the entire xbox friendly version of this skin please
Hey digitalhigh I did a nice trick to MiniMeedia Waffa!.Nod
Made an option to disable views for each catogory, this does speed up the skin a lot and memory usage will drop down... a lot !!! Shocked
lite textures can't beat that.

Please take a look and see for yourself howmuch memory you will gain by hiding views you don't use or like..Big Grin

And testing now: every view in own xml file and that seems to free up memory also..
Waffa Wrote:Hey digitalhigh I did a nice trick to MiniMeedia Waffa!.Nod
Made an option to disable views for each catogory, this does speed up the skin a lot and memory usage will drop down... a lot !!! Shocked
lite textures can't beat that.

Please take a look and see for yourself howmuch memory you will gain by hiding views you don't use or like..Big Grin

And testing now: every view in own xml file and that seems to free up memory also..

I believe that confluence already has a skin option to disable specific views. However, I may look into splitting the views off into their own files.

Also wondering about the <preloaditems> tag. Anything I can find in searches says it's limited to 2 items, however, confluence has it using "4" in some areas. I'd think that this means the limit is no longer there...but I'm waiting to hear from someone who actually knows...

Quote:Can someone upload the entire xbox friendly version of this skin please

Just download the win32 version of XBMC-camelot, install, and grab the whole "confluence" folder from C:\program files\xbmc\skin\ .

Paste the new textures file in confluence\media\ and delete the textures.xbt file. Yahtzee.
Disabling more views will gain more memory.!!!
Lol I can run MiniMeedia Waffa now with more memory than PM III....need to disable a lot of views but....still.

I do run my Fanart at 1280x720 no problems.
Did catch my thumbs at 384 default xbox is 192.

Everythings looking shinie and runs smooth and fast....all because the option to hide views.!
How can I hide views for this skin? or remove them altogether? I only want one style of view for files and 2 for library. The less options the better as I want this to be family friendly. I would love to hide settings as well.
I have to agree on this how can we remove the views to help boost memory consumption.Would be great if they were released with less views for us xbox users
Wellp...

I'm currently in the process of trying to mix the audio for my bands' demo CD so we can get airplay where I live. This takes priority 1.

However, if I get a little free time, I *may* crack the cover open on this and see about removing/disabling/separating views out to help with memory.

Else you could ask the skin devs themselves... Wink
More memory is always good! Big Grin

I was skimming round it last night thinking how great it is on Xbox.... Big Grin
w3__ Wrote:Hey can you guys pack that up and make sure it gets added here for easy installs?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53231

Thanks for doing this!!

I'm adding the skin (with the XPR) to the repo as we speak Smile
I don't use the skin myself. So please post any new packs in this thread so I can keep up with new releases.

Thanks!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xbox-friendly textures0