• 3(current)
[REQUEST] Blu-ray Disc Poster View?
jakks Wrote:Would be useful if anyone good resize DR. Stranger templates to look and fit correctly when working starkcovers, all we would need to do is add them to starkcovers template and everything would look great

This is no easy task my friend. Altering the templates dont give the result we desire. We cant change the place that Stark places the image, thats the problem. I have altered the template but end up with blank space on the sides which gives me an uncentered image in my skin.

We would also need it to save directly to jpg instead of png.
Can anyone make an action or script that will use the default images in Stark but do a couple of things after.

1. Remove the black shadow. (It makes the image not be a rectangle which looks bad in xbmc)

2. Square up the image. (remove excess blank space on all four sides)

3. Make it save as jpg but still have a transparent background. (changing extension from png to jpg directly will achieve this)

I have exhausted all efforts and am asking for help. Thanks.
jakks Wrote:Would be useful if anyone good resize DR. Stranger templates to look and fit correctly when working starkcovers, all we would need to do is add them to starkcovers template and everything would look great

I'm going to look into stark.
This is what I've got so far with the rework of my existing templates. With a resolution of 1000x1500 its hard including a border and attempting to resemble a traditional bluray case

DR. Stranger Wrote:I'm going to look into stark.
This is what I've got so far with the rework of my existing templates. With a resolution of 1000x1500 its hard including a border and attempting to resemble a traditional bluray case

that is pure sex Dr. Stranger. If you post that as a PSD I'll start getting to work on an action for photoshop if you want. FYI, the covers I'll be usin are 3118x1748...ultra high rez. They're full covers though, meant for printing your own cases, so I'll have ot work to batch just the front image, but it shouldn't be hard. Hope to see a final version from you soon. I've got 148 movies currently that I can add to your database once batched.

PS: I think this probably doesn't need to be asked, but just to make sure...you'll put a transparent background, right?

PS#2: When I said that it was "sex" I was refering to the case....not that horrible choice of a sample cover...twilight? *shudders*
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Evanrich Wrote:that is pure sex Dr. Stranger. If you post that as a PSD I'll start getting to work on an action for photoshop if you want. FYI, the covers I'll be usin are 3118x1748...ultra high rez. They're full covers though, meant for printing your own cases, so I'll have ot work to batch just the front image, but it shouldn't be hard. Hope to see a final version from you soon. I've got 148 movies currently that I can add to your database once batched.

PS: I think this probably doesn't need to be asked, but just to make sure...you'll put a transparent background, right?

PS#2: When I said that it was "sex" I was refering to the case....not that horrible choice of a sample cover...twilight? *shudders*

Yes. twilight was a horrible choice
DR. Stranger Wrote:PS: what's your source for covers? I use http://www.movieposterdb.com/ because of the choice but it costs to download, which sucks.

I get all my 1000x1500px posters from http://www.getvideoartwork.com.
It's collection is huge but I couldn't find covers for all my movies. But most often there are a lot of different versions you can choose from (I love the ones uploaded by sirreef because they are absolutely clean and beautiful).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
DR. Stranger Wrote:Finishing the templates tonight, transparent of course, + including a mask to make the outer corners look better in transparency, and a couple frames to replace the frames in alaska to optimise the templates.

I am editing at 1000x1500, which is bigger than a 1920x1080 resolution. and 3118x1748 covers would look even better scaled down, win/win?

PS: what's your source for covers? I use http://www.movieposterdb.com/ because of the choice but it costs to download, which sucks.

PS#2: Yes. twilight was a horrible choice

I'm getting my covers from 9covers.com I paid 20$ for a year membership. Their rules state I can't upload their covers to other sites, and i don't want to get banned, however nothing states I can't post my "edited" covers once they're attached to your template. Thats why i will upload them to media fire or something once I can get them batched. I suppose I could also do a few requests, if anyone has any Smile
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Evanrich Wrote:I'm getting my covers from 9covers.com

9covers.com Wrote:Dear Website-Visitor,

the Google-Browser CHROME is not allowed on this site.
Please use any alternative browser and come back.

Thanks Smile

Wow, copyright violators and browser fascists. Nice!
Evanrich Wrote:I'm getting my covers from 9covers.com Their rules state I can't upload their covers to other sites

I'll bite my tongue but the irony in their rules is just beyond belief...heh
uncertainty Wrote:I'll bite my tongue but the irony in their rules is just beyond belief...heh

Yeah I don't agree at all with their tactics, but the covers are the best looking things I've found so far, and will greatly enhance the look of this gorgeous skin...lets go DR. Stranger!!!! lol j/k don't want to rush a great thing.

9covers.com acts like a group of kids trying to form their own elite private society or something...kinda childish..things should be shared.
Evanrich Wrote:.lets go DR. Stranger!!!! lol j/k don't want to rush a great thing.

This is as far as I have got tonight, still have to adjust some colours, work on shadows, logo, corners and make the side border thinner like in the twilight preview

SCALED IMAGE

preview of that box:

Hrm, gotta do something about the white border.
theophile Wrote:Hrm, gotta do something about the white border.

that white border is part of hitchers skin, as it shows in every image.. aggreed however that it should be changed
I still don't quite understand why this is in the alaska skin thread to be honest. It would make logical sense (in my mind atm) for this application to be developed within the script/plugin forum as it would benefit all skins.

Appreciate everyone that is working on this but why would it be limited to Alaska?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Blu-ray Disc Poster View?0