• 2(current)
[REQUEST] Blu-ray Disc Poster View?
Evanrich Wrote:You aren't kidding. I've started working on all my "posters" downloading high rez copies of the bluray covers, and then putting them into these templates...it's gonna take a while as I've got 144 movies to do, but it actually looks really good. When I finish doing all my covers, I'll upload a zip for anyone interested in getting the same thing.

heres a preview:

all the covers are super high res, from 9covers.com I'm resizing them to fit the frames.

I am going to start by designing an SD template and perfecting my other templates. Those anyone have any suggestions?

I would make the border on the right side of the "box" appear. Otherwise it looks like the cover was pasted over the box.

The mockup of the thread starter and the two examples on deviantArt have a border as well (e.g. http://alex-isa.deviantart.com/art/Blu-r...-105653507)
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:I would make the border on the right side of the "box" appear. Otherwise it looks like the cover was pasted over the box.

The mockup of the thread starter and the two examples on deviantArt have a border as well (e.g. http://alex-isa.deviantart.com/art/Blu-r...-105653507)

I'm going to test it out, here is a very quick mock, I'll probably make the border bigger. main thing is to stick with xbmc default poster size and be consistent with the other source templates

DR. Stranger Wrote:I'm going to test it out, here is a very quick mock, I'll probably make the border bigger. main thing is to stick with xbmc default poster size and be consistent with the other source templates

f*ck... let me know quick if you plan on modifying the template, lol, as I've done about 15 covers so far...don't want to have to go through all 147 films again lol.

I kinda like the updated template better, but let me know when you have a working format you like. if it's not that hard, you might want to try coming up with a photoshop action to automate creating these box images Smile If not, perhaps I'll try doing it.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Montellese Wrote:I would make the border on the right side of the "box" appear. Otherwise it looks like the cover was pasted over the box.

the problem with the deviant art sample is that the source is too low resolution. I think i disagree with your opinion...yes it does sorta look layered over, but it also looks more like the image was "wrapped" around the box... at least to me it does..looks maybe 65% real
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Does anybody know a way to batch process taking all of my folder.jpgs and putting them in the correct spot in these cases? My library is too large to do each manually.

igotdvds Wrote:Does anybody know a way to batch process taking all of my folder.jpgs and putting them in the correct spot in these cases? My library is too large to do each manually.

Starkcovers does it automatically and free....

http://www.simplify-i-t.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17
uncertainty Wrote:Starkcovers does it automatically and free....

BTW Hack7mc has a nice tutorial on how to use it and I find it works very nicely with xbmc...

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/06/jazz-up-y...overs.html

unfortunatly that won't work for me, becuase I'm downloading high res scans of the actual covers, isntead of using my posters files. Some of them need to be resized, so i use content-aware scaling to fix that. I'm saving all mine as 800x533 size, as thats slightly larger than the Alaska large size. I'm going to wait to see if a new template comes out before continuing with my set, and of course I'll still post all my covers once converted.
DR. Stranger Wrote:I am planning to launch a website as an xbmc resource for hi-res posters customised with templates, so for each movie there will be a High-res DVD/BLU-RAY/HDTV/HDDVD/SD poster. obviously focusing on scene releases not all movies will need a hdtv and hddvd poster, but all movies will have DVD/BLURAY /SD (Standard definition) posters. Once the templates are perfect and approved I would like to start by users submitting request lists (users with large movie collections) and once the database reaches the 2000 mark launch the website. Maybe a scraper could be developed or even a script that could act as an extended scraper, so for example your default scraper is moviedb.com, xbmc would also scrape the hi-res template posters for your picking. With a resource there is no extra pressure on the skins, also allowing users to switch between skins and still have their source posters looking just as good. I am going to start by designing an SD template and perfecting my other templates. Those anyone have any suggestions?

Those images look sweet and would be a definite plus for any skin, especially alaska! beautiful images btw!
uncertainty Wrote:starkcovers does it automatically and free....

you are a god among men!!! I wasted 6 hours today on this crap!! Thanks!
If Dr. Stranger comes out with a final version that looks good better than what he's got, I'll try working on a photoshop batch process to automate this.
Evanrich Wrote:the problem with the deviant art sample is that the source is too low resolution. I think i disagree with your opinion...yes it does sorta look layered over, but it also looks more like the image was "wrapped" around the box... at least to me it does..looks maybe 65% real

Yeah I agree that the resolution of the ones on deviantArt is too low. I didn't wanna recommend using those I just wanted to use them as an example for what I ment concerning the border on the right side.

I have actually never seen a bluray box where the image was completely wrapped around the front side. There always is a border on the right side (but not on the left side as there it is actually wrapped around all the way to the left side of the back side (if you turn it around)).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Evanrich Wrote:f*ck... let me know quick if you plan on modifying the template, lol, as I've done about 15 covers so far...don't want to have to go through all 147 films again lol.

I kinda like the updated template better, but let me know when you have a working format you like. if it's not that hard, you might want to try coming up with a photoshop action to automate creating these box images Smile If not, perhaps I'll try doing it.

Once the templates are finished and approved by everyone I will be taking request lists
uncertainty Wrote:Starkcovers does it automatically and free....

Edit.

Just rename from png to jpg and you wont have the crappy black border. Use Renamer. http://www.den4b.com/projects/ReNamer/ReNamer.zip
Would be useful if anyone good resize DR. Stranger templates to look and fit correctly when working starkcovers, all we would need to do is add them to starkcovers template and everything would look great
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Blu-ray Disc Poster View?0