1080i but not 1080p?
`Black Wrote:Look at this (Aeon 720p code - click on the image to see full size):

Does that look scaled? No, it doesn't....
Now here the settings panelback how it looks not scaled and then how it would look if you scale it down to 720 and than back up to 1080.

Not scaled

Scaled

your own images prove my point Wink, take a close look at the vertical line seperating the 2 colours, you will see one that is scaled is blured Big Grin as is the bad texture efffect on the solids.
There is nothing blurred, I designed it that way. Wink You see it if you compare it with the "not scaled" photoshop image.

Here it is for you fully zoomed in photoshop... absolutly no difference. The Aeon one is on top, the photoshop one on the bottom:

take a look, these are from your images you posted earlier all i have done is zoom in with photoshop 3200% and compared side by side as you can clearly a see the difference. the one on the left is your scaled version

Andy's skin "showmix" look sharper on my 1080p TV (on dot by dot mode), and XBMC is outputting 1080p BTW.. Usually only the fonts of a 720p skin look sharper when stretched to 1080p than the textures... Textures do have some dull look on them..

Now the whole skin is as sharp as a katana Big Grin
andyblac Wrote:take a look, these are from your images you posted earlier all i have done is zoom in with photoshop 3200% and compared side by side as you can clearly a see the difference. the one on the left is your scaled version

[img]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/8048/screenshot20091209at190.jpg[/I MG]

Yes it is but thats only because I wanted to show you how poorly that would look (I did that scaling with photoshop) and that XBMC/Aeon doesn't do that. If you look at my screen from Aeon, you'll see that it's full 1080p quality with 720p code... Smile
ok, lets agree to disagree, we are just going around in circles Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080i but not 1080p?0