Asrock 330: recommended fixes after installing 9.11b1
Mabe it's a good idea to "collect" all recommended fixes for Asrock 330 after the 9.11 beta 1 is installed.

I recall from my first XBMC installation that several fixes were always applied. I am not really sure which fixes are still necessary after this new release, but the topics seem to be spread out. Also I am not even aware of what some of the fixes do, but they seem to be helpful. I can't judge if the fixes are recommended for other systems as well as I only own an Asrock

HWcursor fix
What does it do? Disable hardware cursor that some see after boot or after a suspend.
Add this line to xorg.conf in Device section:
Code:
Option "HWCursor" "False"

ENABLE 1080p 24Hz
What does this do? It helps if you are unable to select 24Hz as a screen refresh rate when selecting a resolution. Keep in mind that your display also needs to support everything so this fix might not be enough, but it appears to be a prerequisite at least.
Add this line to xorg.conf in Screen section:
Code:
Option      "DynamicTwinView" "False"

Disable Composite for better H264 acceleration
What does this do? Actually I don't know...can someone fill me in, I'll ad it here then.
Add this line to xorg.conf in Extensions section. A fresh xorg.conf doesnt seem to have this section yet so you must add the section as well, including and endsection marker.
Line to be added:
Code:
"Composite" "Disable"
Make sure the end of xorg.conf looks like this:
Code:
Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

How do I make these changes?
Use CTRL-ALT-F2 in XBMC to get to a prompt. Alternatively from a different pc use a program called putty to connect to XBMC (need ip address, and then your XBMC logon and password.
Then use this command:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf
If you need this information to help you out, then I'd reccomend the Putty way as you can copy paste the commands. Copy on your pc and past in putty by rightclicking your mouse. Be aware that commands are case sensitive!

Feedback and other fixes welcom, I'll add them here.
I think another fix would be that: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63228

When no cable is connect to the hdmi port, if you start up the pc and than plug in the cable there's no output signal

Add this line in the xorg.conf at section "Device"
Code:
Option “ConnectedMonitor” “DFP-0″

And, first of all, make a backup of the xorg.conf!!!!
Code:
sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asrock 330: recommended fixes after installing 9.11b10