Vertical Sync problem in VDPAU
Question 
I have problem with vertical synchronization (horizontal lines in picture) while playing by VDPAU. I'm using Linux Mint 9 Helena (same as Ubuntu Karmic) and last SVN build of XBMC (Alpha2 R25284). I installed nVidia drivers (190.42) by script from official nVidia web just by shutting down the Gnome and "sudo sh driverfilename.run". The xorg.conf was set by the script also. When I play the video by software rendering everything is ok. Does anyone have idea how to fix it?
I have the same problem with Ubuntu Karmic, nVidia driver 185.18.36 and the latest XBMC release from the APT repository. VDPAU enabled, and whatever I enable VSync, Audio/Video Sync in XBMC, I get these vertical lines.
Any help?
Thanks!
Tagging this for future reference as I also have the same problem.

Ubuntu 9.10
9.11 XBMC
ION

I only get the lines when the camera is moving..
Exactly the same, only when the camera is moving.
No GPU/CPU performance problem, I'm using a GF 9800GT and a Intel C2Q Q6600
Disable the X composite extension.
Still the same problem, I added this to my xorg.conf :
Code:
Section "Extensions"
    Option "Composite" "disable"
EndSection
I rebooted and when I type "sudo xdpyinfo | grep -i composite" it returns nothing.
VSync is set to always in XBMC
Apparently the problem doesn't appear on my second screen (I have a dual display), a Samsung T220.
But the problem appears also when I scroll the titles in Music in XBMC on my first display, a Samsung T260.
Well it must be a drivers or hardware problem (this screen is plugged with HDMI)
I disabled the Visual Effects for the desktop and it fixed that same exact problem (found that on a thread in these forums, sorry I don't remember where it was to give credit to the original poster). You go to Preferences, then Appearance (maybe), then I think it's the last tab and turn the effects to None.
already set to None Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vertical Sync problem in VDPAU0