Help with adding Poster view to "Pictures"
Hi,

I am using the pictures tab to view my comics. I wanted to change the view to poster view so I edited "MyPics.xml" so that it resembles "MyVideos.xml". I'm really new to skinning, but it seemed to work at first (see below) but when I click in to view a comic and then back out to the main menu, some of the repeated comics lose their thumbnails ie (the first time it's in the carousel it's there but the second instance in the carousel has no thumbnail).

Can someone please point me in the direction of what I need to do to fix this?

Also if someone could tell me which xml file I need to modify to change the "Pictures" title at the top of the page to "Comics" that would be awesome.

thanks in advance,

BTW - Great work Hitcher!

To change Pictures to Comics just change the line that says PICTURES in:
Alaska/language/English/strings.xml
Assuming english is your locale.
You'll want to use the <!-- Poster Fixed View --> not <!-- Poster Wrap View --> in the Viewtype_poster.xml.
I would like to have the square view for pictures, that would be neat.

EDIT: One question Hitcher, how do i do if i only want one picture to be previewed instead of four?

Example:

Hitcher Wrote:You'll want to use the <!-- Poster Fixed View --> not <!-- Poster Wrap View --> in the Viewtype_poster.xml.

Awesome, that worked. Thanks!!
hikaricore Wrote:To change Pictures to Comics just change the line that says PICTURES in:
Alaska/language/English/strings.xml
Assuming english is your locale.

Figured it out. It is in the includes.xml.

thx!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with adding Poster view to "Pictures"0