• 5(current)
.MKV Subtitles not displaying on XBMC
Thanks, would my idea above work ? And if so how do u create a blank subtitle to place in the mkv ?
It's been "fixed" in our version of ffmpeg. Now we just need to get it supported in xbmc. There is a trac on handling selecting audio/sub streams based on default language and it should include this fix.

But that trac ticket has stalled currently.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the update, exellent news. Just up to the xbmc team to support this now in xbmc
I'm looking forward to this update. Hopefully they will implement it soon...
Any joy yet ?
anyone know if this has been fixed yet in the latest builds
Has this been now fixed yet in the latest builds at all or has there been no more talk about this problem

Cheers
I don't believe it's fixed. I guess people just don't think it's a big deal to always have to manually select subtitles even if they are forced subs for the title in question.
This should be a added feature as all DVD and blurays use this as standard. Why it has not been added I will never know and to be honest is getting to be a pain turning them on and off and seeing if they need to be turned on and it's not family friendly.

Just the other night my kids was watching a movie and could not understand the forign speaking as I needed to turn on the forced subs myself.

Not all movies has burned in subs for these parts, whish they would add it as the codec now supports it before the final release.
I agree with you, but for some reason there are very few players out there that can do this right now.

Dune - No
Plex - No
PCH - No
WD - No
Seagate - No

Maybe it's because they all use ffdshow/ffdmpeg and the bug is there? I don't know. I agree with you that it is annoying but part of the reason that this bug might get such little visibility is that the majority of users of these products currently are in Europe and Asia where many people leave the subtitles on for movies very frequently and don't really need 'forced' subtitles. They are used to having to turn them off and on all the time.
In post 62 it's been fixed in the ffmpeg codec but xbmc needs now to support it but there does not seem to anything happening
Can a xbmc dev respond to this ? Or will this never be supported
Where can I raise a ticket to try and get this added or fixed sne it's now been fixed on the ffmpeg end ?

Cheers
Try here http://trac.xbmc.org/ Good luck.
tickets have been on trac for months already:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9417
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9292

the devs know, it's just not a high priority.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.MKV Subtitles not displaying on XBMC0