LibreElec Freezes after playing video for 1 minute
Hello,

I have Libreelec installed on a Dell Inspiron Zino HD. Yes I know this is ancient hardware but I have installed an SSD for the OS, 1TB for Movies extra ram and upgraded the CPU to AMD Athlon II X3 420E and it can play x265 1080p just fine (in a small factor ) which is enough for the bedroom

This is my 2nd box and I have a much better i5 box in the living room.

My box has started "freezing" after playing 1 minute of video and it does not matter if its local video or streaming. When it freezes you can not control the box anymore from your mobile but it is accessible via the WebGui and SSH so its only kodi that is frozen and not the underlying linux.

If I connect to the box with SSH and issue the command systemctl restart kodi kodi obviously restarts but the issue is not longer present videos play normally without problems.

I believe that I may have installed or updated a plugin and caused that behavior. I would like to avoid formatting the box because then I would not know what went wrong and would have learned nothing as regards to troubleshooting.

How is it possible for the issue to exist ONLY when 1st booting the PC and when restarting the KODI service ( not the PC ) for the issue to disappear ?

I have disabled all video hardware acceleration and this is not the issue. Also changed skins issue still exists., Tried to see if there are any updates system has not updates, deleted all unused plugins tried lots of thing and no luck.

Any ideas on what I can check ? Would the reason for "Freezing" be in the logs ? what more information would you need to draw conclusions ?

Here is the log file:

http://ix.io/48Dt
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2022-08-26, 01:23)biomecanoid Wrote: Here is the log file:

Here is the highlighted part with (most of) your naughty add-ons: https://paste.kodi.tv/vamofujasi.kodi
Οh well thank you  Wink
Besides that - disable VAAPI - it is not well supported on your device.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreElec Freezes after playing video for 1 minute0