reproducible navigation sounds bug in Beta1?..
Exclamation 
Hi,

I have run into one issue using the XBMC Beta 1 release, which is 100% reproducible.

After a prolonged period of inactivity (> 1h to my observations), the navigation sounds on my XBMC installation stop playing. The XBMC server itself does not go to sleep or suspend mode - the only power saving option I have enabled is dimming the screen.

If I play a movie or music track after that, the sound is being reproduced normally. Once I exit the play mode, the navigation sounds are back on.. (ie, till another moment of prolonged inactivity).

I checked the log file, but there seems to be no errors that might be related to this (http://pastebin.com/f4c113fa5)

On rare occasions, when the movie / sound track is started after nav sounds are off, the XBMC app hangs and the whole process must be rebooted. Once I run into this situation again, I'll post the log file here.

I wonder if anyone else experienced similar issue with the latest beta? Note that I experienced the same type of issue (though, with much more hanging) with the last 'premerge branch' release r22528 as well.

My setup:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4450e
Motherboard: ASUS M3N78-VM with build-in sound
XBMC release: 24886
Sound setup: Analog, downmix to 2 channels
SoundPulse: disabled
SKIN: Confluence, with default nav sounds
Build type: compiled from SVN

Thanks,

Vlad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reproducible navigation sounds bug in Beta1?..0