resize the left collum/bar
is it possible to resize the bar of the home screen. itś now allmost half the screen. but very empty. can I resize this bar? of maybe itś an idea to include an autoresize option??
I was just going to request this as well. Its rather large even on my BigScreen. Heck if I could reduce it half way I'd be very happy.
Not possible I take it.
Of course its possible you just have to start editing home.xml
don't suppose anyone could post a step-by-step on how to do this?

I'd love to get the left-side menu bar to be a smaller width, with slightly smaller fonts for the menu items. That way I could get 5/6 menu items on there without it scrolling up/down - plus more of my background image would be visible.
I must agree on this topic. I love this skin but I am not using it due to the fact that the home screen just doesn't look as nice as other skins. Personally I prefer a horizontal navigation bar, but I would be happy to see a slimmer vertical bar if nothing else.
drivesoslow Wrote:I must agree on this topic. I love this skin but I am not using it due to the fact that the home screen just doesn't look as nice as other skins. Personally I prefer a horizontal navigation bar, but I would be happy to see a slimmer vertical bar if nothing else.

I agree. I love this skin, but I'm not a fan of the vertical menu taking up all that space. It really blocks a lot of the background images. Maybe having an option to make it more transparent would help some too.
Part of the reason it's this wide (other than asthetics - it just looks better at that width) is that many languages use much longer labels than English does.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Personally I don't mind the bar where it is and the wife seems to like it as well. I've used Transparency for the longest time and use it on another machine too. The misses for some reason is really drawn to this skin and I am too at the moment.

My only complaint is the width of the bar. Sure its designed that way for a reason, languages, creators desire or whatever and I'm totally for that. I just think if some of us tinkerers knew how to change it smaller some of us would be a bit happier. Call it personal taste and I'm guessing it would take some hacking of the home.xml file or changing the textures some. I'm not a skinner so I'm the last person you would ever ask how to do that.
I have been wanting to do this as well. I did however remove the power and favorites button in the bottom left and the XBMC logo in the top left. I thought that the home screen was a little too busy..

I will keep playing with this......If anyone can point me in the right direction, anything..
I would really like to know if it will be a width position for the "bar", a pox/posy value for a homeblade image(s), and a posx/posy value for the Group "music,videos,movies,etc..."
:confused2:
ok ppl....you ask and I deliver....

I have moved the navigation bar over to the left by almost 250 pixels. On a laptop screen thats about one inch or so.. I removed the power button, favorites button, xbmc logo, decreased the zooming effect on text, removed the background on all submenus.

I would post a screenshot but my printscreen on this laptop does not work...

download link posted below..
I'd love a copy... checking now to see if I've enabled email receipts...
dsimages Wrote:I no idea how to get the home.xml file to you guys except for email.

Try mediafire.com
Good call on mediafire....

Here is the dl link. Just place in the 720p folder under the confluence skin... Let me know what you guys think...

Remember, please make a backup copy of your current home.xml so you can convert back to original if needed.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jdkmmjjt1wo/Home.xml
I'd very much like to know which aspects of home.xml to change just to reduce the width of the menu bar (and maybe the font size as well if required).

The shutdown button, xbmc logo etc I'd like to keep.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
resize the left collum/bar0