fast reverse going fast forward instead!
I noticed that when trying to fast rewind (<<) a VIDEO_TS folder or a MKV containing a mpeg2 video, XBMC fast forwards instead!

When I try the same on a MKV with a h.264 video then fast rewind works fine.

I'm doing this with the mouse using the on-screen buttons so this is not a problem with remote control mappings.

I'm using SVN 25391 on Mandriva Linux 2010.0.

Anyone else noticed this?
Is it really just me having this problem, no one else noticed it?

Does fast rewind work fine for you all on DVD backups?
Your not alone....

I have the same problem.

I'm wondering if it's just a flaw with the keymap xml file.

Did you ever find a solution?
bg762 Wrote:Your not alone....

I have the same problem.

I'm wondering if it's just a flaw with the keymap xml file.

Thanks for confirming this, can you say what version of XBMC you are using and on which Linux distro?

I don't think it has anything to do with the keymap xml file as I'm getting it even when I use the mouse, I think the keymap xml is only for remotes.

I'll open a ticket for it.
Ik have the same thing, but then the other way around. Will check it better today and post a log.
The same thing happens to me. Using the mouse and keys as well (don't have a remote - yet) - rewinding actually fast forwards.
This has been a long standing issue and affects ISO, VOB and DVDs. There is already a ticket on this

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5462
wstewart Wrote:This has been a long standing issue and affects ISO, VOB and DVDs. There is already a ticket on this

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5462

Thanks for pointing that out, gladly I hadn't opened another ticket for it yet.

IMHO this is actually quite a serious issue (WAF killer to say the least, try explaining to my wife that she has to skip back one chapter and then fast forward instead of just pressing rewind... Shocked), I'm surprised it has been unresolved for so long.

I don't want to sound critical as I like XBMC very much and I'm actively contributing my (small) part to it by maintaining a Mandriva package for it, but I think this would need urgent attention ideally to be solved before the next release.
ion_man Wrote:I'm surprised it has been unresolved for so long. I don't want to sound critical...

Don't forget that the dev's do this for free in their spare time, so I think that its understandable and only natural that they would work on what interests them the most.

The best way to address a bug like this is for someone from the community to debug it and post a patch for the dev's to look at.
wstewart Wrote:Don't forget that the dev's do this for free in their spare time, so I think that its understandable and only natural that they would work on what interests them the most.
I'm aware of that, but I would have thought that fast rewind is such a basic fundamental feature that it would be high on their priority list too, it's like making a car where the brakes accelerate instead of braking... Big Grin

wstewart Wrote:The best way to address a bug like this is for someone from the community to debug it and post a patch for the dev's to look at.

Easier said then done, I'm not a programmer, just a sysadmin, my level of understanding of code is not enough to debug complex code like XBMC...
good... I thought I was seeing things when my rew was going fast forward... Thought with a new clean setup of 9.11 this would be fixed...

Glad to know its not just me for the last year or so.

If you use the fastest rewind, it will rew...
dandirk Wrote:good... I thought I was seeing things when my rew was going fast forward... Thought with a new clean setup of 9.11 this would be fixed...

Glad to know its not just me for the last year or so.

If you use the fastest rewind, it will rew...

Same here - thinking it was a bug with my install was driving me nuts! It was more confusing because most of my recent titles are mkv's and rewind works fine for those.

Its an annoying bug, but its by no means a show-stopper for me. I'm still a VERY happy XBMC camper. Big Grin
Even Stepback doesn't work properly for me....I'd be happy to go back in chunks instead of rewinding, but even this doesn't seem to be possible on DVDs...

Anyone have a suggestion for the best interim workaround until the devs manage to fix this?

Thanks!
just managed to reproduce
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yeah, it happens to me every time as well.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fast reverse going fast forward instead!0