Poll: Which do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Old
9.32%
New
90.68%
Total
118 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

[UPDATE] Wall view now available
G'day Hitcher, doing a great job mate.

I prefer the new wall.

I know that it *possibly* goes against the Alaska interface, but, will there be/is there an option similar to the max grid in aeon? I do find it a little easier being able to see more at once.
New looks great. But I have to also say that it looks funny and inconsistent without the pop in the middle row
I think the new wall view makes more sense than the old and also looks prettier. And you always pick such great songs to play in the background. Nice job on both accounts Smile
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
aflo Wrote:New looks great. But I have to also say that it looks funny and inconsistent without the pop in the middle row
Which is why I've added a slight zoom animation.
With the zooming, it makes it a lot easier to see which item is focused as well as a pretty effect when selecting one of the top or bottom. Thank you for your tireless work!
I've finally got the Wall view doing what I want, and that's not moving right up to the edges of the panel so now you can still see what's previous and what's next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdO36ttjWjA
Very nicely done.
And your music selection makes me want to dig out my "Hackers" soundtrack. Smile
Hitcher Wrote:Which is why I've added a slight zoom animation.

You are the best. Big Grin
This is just truly great work hitcher, im amazed. But dont you think it would be even better if there was a sliding animation when youre moving left or right at the edges, just like there is when you move upwards or downwards? I think it would make it more consistent
rotm Wrote:This is just truly great work hitcher, im amazed. But dont you think it would be even better if there was a sliding animation when youre moving left or right at the edges, just like there is when you move upwards or downwards? I think it would make it more consistent
Believe me, I like that too but the images on the left and right sides aren't actually part of the control panel.
Will this be added to githib tonight?
Hey! I was just about to post something about the wallview (that's it's nice, but unusable), and you already got it replaced by EXACTLY what I wanted. Nice work.
Joy In Repitition
Hi Hitcher,

I think the focused item must stay in the middle of the screen. in both the new and the old wall views, when you go to left or to the right you don't see the coming items, which is not practical.

Edit : Did not see the latest video. This is certainly better even if I would've preferred if the focused item stayed in the middle.
I kinda like how it is where you can easily jump around the 4x3 covers in the center without it jumping left or right. The way it is now you can quickly jump around a group of albums. My 2¢
Qroach Wrote:Will this be added to githib tonight?
No, I'm still working on ideas, which brings me to this -
coaoac Wrote:Hi Hitcher,

I think the focused item must stay in the middle of the screen. in both the new and the old wall views, when you go to left or to the right you don't see the coming items, which is not practical.

Edit : Did not see the latest video. This is certainly better even if I would've preferred if the focused item stayed in the middle.

That is one of the ideas -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKTiH_9YQKA

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[UPDATE] Wall view now available0