TV Poster scrape is truncated
Hi All,

I'm getting closer to having my system up and running, and just tried integrating my TV Shows with XBMC running Aeon (Auriga). When I allow the default scraper (TheTVDB) to scrape my TV Shows, the resulting poster is heavily truncated - I assume because it's a widescreen image.

Is there any way to fix this, using the automatic scraper? I don't have any mods installed - it's just XBMC and Aeon.

Thanks!

EDIT: Interestingly enough, it looks like TheTVDB is scraping the banners and not the posters... Any reason why this is, or if there's a fix for it?

Rick // The DurhamDev
Yes it's possible, you just have to mod the scrapper files under /xbmc/system/scrappers/video/

Basicly i change the bannertype to "680x1000"

I uploaded my moded files:

http://www.vlx.dk/tvdbmod.zip
Thanks, VLX. Just a question though - by modding the banner type, what does the poster look like? Does it just 'squish' the banner graphic? I have noticed that there are actually posters available - is it not possible to mod the API to download them instead of the banners?

Do you happen to have a screenshot of what the posters/banners look like in Aeon?

Thanks in advance!

Rick // The DurhamDev
DurhamDev Wrote:Thanks, VLX. Just a question though - by modding the banner type, what does the poster look like? Does it just 'squish' the banner graphic?

Rick // The DurhamDev

No it don't squish the banners, this mod make xbmc only download the Posters and ignores the banners.

But there will be no icon, if you add a show without poster.
vlx42 Wrote:No it don't squish the banners, this mod make xbmc only download the Posters and ignores the banners.

This makes me happy. Thanks!

Rick // The DurhamDev
Btw remember to select the moded scrapper
vlx42 Wrote:Btw remember to select the moded scrapper

Me again.

Rofl

I just got around to DL'ing your mod (life, eh?) and found the XML file within... Now, being the newbie I am, how do I go about using it? (If there's a thread dedicated to it, maybe you could point me in the direction, if it's too much to write about?)

Thanks much!

EDIT: Oh man, I just typed that (above) and then went looking - please tell me I don't just "upload the two files (graphic and XML) to the 'C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\scrapers\video' subdirectory, and then select it for TV shows?" Is that it? I'll kick myself if that's all...

(Thanks, btw.)

EDIT (new): I tried your mod with the latest (i.e. today's rev) of the DJH Aeon, and it gives me a black screen when it tries to do its magic. I'm thinking it might be me. Help?
Did you empty your library? I have only used it with an empty library. But try to update a tv-show from the content menu (press c->show information->update)
vlx42 Wrote:Did you empty your library? I have only used it with an empty library. But try to update a tv-show from the content menu (press c->show information->update)

Ah, that I did not try. I actually just switched over to Aeon65, and did do the update to manually select posters vs. banners, and it works fairly well, albeit manually. I'll try your suggestion!

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Poster scrape is truncated0