XBOX360 remote with chatpad for XBMC
So I've been looking into this for a while now, and only recently got my actual XBOX360 controller for use with my XBMC/Revo setup. I think most of us can agree that one of the best (THE best?) setups for an xbmc remote would be the xbox360 wireless controller with the chatpad addon.

As it stands, it seems like the problem is that there is no Windows driver for the chatpad. As I'm using XBMC Live (linux), I'm not sure how this concerns me, but I guess that having a Windows driver allows you to reverse-engineer the driver for use with Linux (?).

That said, what is the current status? Is anyone actively working on this? Would a sum of money and a developer or two make this dream happen? If so, can we get a paypal account together? I'm sure a lot of us here would rather throw our money toward development than invest in something like a Logitech diNovo, which doesn't seem as ideal to me.
Also, here are some pics to remind people of what this thing is, why it would be awesome, etc. Also, maybe the drool-worthy eye candy will urge developers to take action.

Agreed, IMO.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/input-de...rd-19.html
Yes, I read the thread from that forum as well. Even though that thread has essentially died, I think we can get a bigger round of support here, as xbox360 controllers lend themselves a little more to xbmc than to car audio.
How is this guy able to get his chatpad working on his PC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWWIuh1vsoM

Is his method possible to port over to linux > xbmc live? Are there no developers out there capable of doing this? I hate to make a fuss over this, but if it's simply a matter of paying for someone's time they put into it, there's no need to wait a few years to get this thing done (if it gets done at all).
He uses an xbox360 to receive the keystrokes and then sends them to the PC. Expensive solution if you don't have an xbox360. Whoever gets the chatpad working would be a cult hero on the net. A google search shows how so many folks have talked about it.
cheers,

crazyivan
I am thinking of ordering a 360 chatpad to use with XBMC. I currently use a RF remote and have xbox360 wireless controllers set up as well. The idea of the HTPC is not having to run and find the keyboard when you want to type something quickly. Even if its wireless its a pain (keyboards). Ive been looking around - Is there support for wireless Xbox 360 chat pad for use with XBMC? It is now July of 2014, I just wanted to see if it is safe to buy the chatpad and if it will work wirelessly.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBOX360 remote with chatpad for XBMC0