1024x768 native resolution on xbox?
Hello,

Has anyone run into any (or thinks there might be) problems running this skin on an xbox driving a 1024x768 native resolution plasma?

From what I've read, XBMC has an independent aspect ratio for each of the UI and video playback. But I'm curious how these skins work/look, if they assume a certain number of say horizontal pixels exist and they don't? :confused2: What would the quality of the fonts be like if scaling occurred?

Thanks!
xbmc will resize the skin to whatever resolution you're using.
whether it still looks acceptable on a 4:3 screen...well that's up to you.
i think it doesn't look great, but plenty of users are using 720p skins on 4:3 screens.

in case the fonts are too small, there's an option in the skin to use a larger fontset.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi Ronie -- actually, the native resolution of the plasma is 1024x768 (like many plasmas), but it's a 780p display using a 16:9 aspect ratio. So I'm still not sure how things scale. I think someone with a similar setup might have to chime in also! :confused2:
HappyGoLucky Wrote:Hi Ronie -- actually, the native resolution of the plasma is 1024x768 (like many plasmas), but it's a 780p display using a 16:9 aspect ratio. So I'm still not sure how things scale. I think someone with a similar setup might have to chime in also! :confused2:

try it and see if you like it! A lot of plasma's use that resolutionbut do some voodoo to get it looking great as a 16:9 ratio. It is all done inside the processing on the TV. It will look fine. It has something to do with how plasma pixels are shaped if I recall. I have a similar TV and it all looks great. Good Luck.
jarod71 Wrote:try it and see if you like it! A lot of plasma's use that resolutionbut do some voodoo to get it looking great as a 16:9 ratio. It is all done inside the processing on the TV. It will look fine. It has something to do with how plasma pixels are shaped if I recall. I have a similar TV and it all looks great. Good Luck.

You are correct: plasma has rectangular pixels.

But i can assure you that it will just look great. Running it myself on a Panasonic 37PX80 which is also a 1024x768 display.
Thanks for all the reassurances! Laugh
Hello -- I've setup my Panasonic plasma 42PX80 (native @ 1024x768) and when looking at movies, it looks quite bad. Sad The picture looks muddy, fuzzy, etc. -- my CRT looked much sharper and cleaner. It now looks like a video that was very poorly encoded. On the xbox's main menu screen, if I press the info button, what is the resolution I should see? I enabled 720p and Widescreen in the MS Dashboard. I am also using component cables (not composite or s-video). Everything else looks fine in the UI.

:confused2: Thanks!
I use XBMC on a plasma running at 1024x768 over DVI. All I need to do is change the video calibration to 1.333 and it looks perfect.

Edit: I guess your using XBMC on an old xbox ? I setup a pc running XBMC when I got the plasma because the XBMC looked shit on the TV running off the old xbmc.
@ fo0d: Yes, I am running on an xbox! Did you ever figure out why it looked bad from your xbox? Were you using an HD AV pack (with component out)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1024x768 native resolution on xbox?0