• 36(current)
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide
FreddyKrueger Wrote:I don't use sabnzbd.I'm using the blackhole method... download the nzb file to a folder, and newsleecher grab it.

I had the same problem with Newsbin Pro before they added support for GZip,
Zip and RAR compressed NZB files.

NewsLeecher doesn't support those. When using the blackhole method, Sick
Beard does the downloading and it doesn't uncompress the GZipped file from
NZBMatrix. It saves it as-is. If you try to download the same NZB with IE or
Firefox, you will see that these work because the browsers automatically
uncompress the files before saving.

If they are still compressed when you save with IE or Firefox then it is because
you are downloading an actual zip file and not an xml file that is compressed
on-the-fly.

The latest version of Newsbin Pro supports compressed NZBs if you want to
switch news readers. Better yet, go with SABnzbd and get the full Sick Beard
"experience"!

Here is a short thread on the NewsLeecher forums that confirms it's not supported :

http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20279

-Pr.

P.S. If you rename the file to .nzb.gz instead of .rar you will see the real
file structure when opening it in WinRAR or WinZip...
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Thanks for your help Pr.Sinister

I had already tried to change the extension, and it did worked.
Question about post processing, the wiki says this:

"Then set the appropriate script as your postprocessing script inside SABnzbd+/HellaNZB:"

How would I go about doing that? I am running SABnzbd on windows home server.

Thanks for sickbeard it owns!
midgetspy would you consider adding support for mysql.

I have been using sqlite command line tools to query database but it requires closing SB etc before you do the query and then reopening after to ensure no corruption occurs. Obviously this is a Kludge

Since XBMC supports mysql now it makes sense.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
kri kri Wrote:Question about post processing, the wiki says this:

"Then set the appropriate script as your postprocessing script inside SABnzbd+/HellaNZB:"

How would I go about doing that? I am running SABnzbd on windows home server.

Thanks for sickbeard it owns!
Set it in the config/categories area in SAB.
xexe Wrote:midgetspy would you consider adding support for mysql.

I have been using sqlite command line tools to query database but it requires closing SB etc before you do the query and then reopening after to ensure no corruption occurs. Obviously this is a Kludge

Since XBMC supports mysql now it makes sense.

Hm I edit my DB all the time with Sick Beard open? You just have to release the lock when you're done so SB can resume DB access.
Is there a way to have search ignore certain keywords (like IMMERSE)
ClayM Wrote:Is there a way to have search ignore certain keywords (like IMMERSE)

Not yet
midgetspy Wrote:Hm I edit my DB all the time with Sick Beard open? You just have to release the lock when you're done so SB can resume DB access.

Sickbeard is pretty light on dbase access when compared to say sab or xbmc. So theres definite scope for developing a method that doesn't cause conflicts but for sab and xbmc the same options don't really apply.

I am moving everything I can away from sqlite. It is a fantastic little dbase but its limited if you want to go that bit further.

I have no clue how much work adding mysql support to Sickbeard is so this might be a step to far but if it is viable I for one would really appreciate being able to have XBMC and sickbeard using the same mysql dbase. I think the options it could bring later on would be very interesting.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
Well the only reason I use SQLite is because it requires no dependencies since it's built into Python. The multithreading (or lack of) in sqlite is fairly annoying and it has significantly less features than most DBs. It's just that it is extremely inconvenient for users to have to install and configure a DBMS just to use a TV show manager and I will never require it.

With that in mind, I will not be implementing any features that I can't also support in sqlite, in which case I'm not sure what the advantage would be? Unless somebody wants to start implementing MySQL-only features or addons (I'm not going to do that myself) the only difference would be the tool you use if you want to examine the DB yourself, hehe. I actually don't even have a local MySQL server at the moment, so unless somebody else wants to implement this themselves it's not gonna happen, sorry.
Saw your alpha2 update on daily shows - what's the best way to get these started? They have like 243950808 seasons so it could take forever loading them from tvdb.
ClayM Wrote:Saw your alpha2 update on daily shows - what's the best way to get these started? They have like 243950808 seasons so it could take forever loading them from tvdb.

Yeah there's no shortcut or anything at the moment, you just have to add them normally. It'll probably take a while.
midgetspy Wrote:GitHub allows you to download the source directly from the website, just go to http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard and click "Download Source". As for specific instructions it depends on your OS, but you need to do a git clone of http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git and then do a git pull any time you want to update it.

gbdesai Wrote:Then all you have to do it navigate to the base directory within which you would like sickbeard installed and then type "git clone git://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git sickbeard" and it'll all download and install to a directory under where you are called sickbeard.

From then on if you want the latest navigate into the sickbeard directory and type "git pull" and it'll bring you up to date.

Hope that helps...

G

Thanks for the replies. Definitely helped. I'm using Linux btw. Sorry.

I think originally I downloaded the source from the sickbeard github page. This means obviously I had a working sickbeard folder but no .Git folder within it as I didn't initially get sickbeard by doing a git-clone.
I didn't want to overwrite my settings and everything so I git-cloned to a new folder then copied the .Git folder to my original sickbeard folder and did a git pull there. When I did this it told me I didn't specify a branch so I just wrote "git pull http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git master" and it seemed to work. Is that correct?

My reason for updating sickbeard was to see if it would fix my auto post-processing which had stopped working. It didn't.
The checkbox to set sickbeard to automatically post-process appears unclickable so I checked my config file and it has Auto-Processing (or whatever the actual setting is) set to '0'. I changed this to a '1' manually and saved the config file. Sickbeard didn't start auto processing so I presume it needs a restart after a config file change. After restarting sickbeard I checked my config file again and it had set Auto-Processing to '0' again by itself. Any idea why this would be?

I have SABnzbd+ and sickbeard pointing to the correct folder for scripts etc. I've checked the autoProcessTV.cfg and run SABtoSickBeard.py. Tonight I'll put my log file up on pastebin and link it here but I'm not exactly sure how to do a full python traceback.

I'm using Linux, SABnzbd+ and newzbin.

Cheers
It's unclickable because the feature isn't implemented yet. Though it has since been added in the alpha2 branch (master is in feature freeze).
Ok so how do others have post processing working? It USED to work for me.

I feel really stupid. I must be missing something really obvious...
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide16