Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 4.69 Average
Bobb25 Offline
steve1977 Wrote:Sickbear has the "tab" showing "coming episodes". Wouldnt it be cool to also display them in XBMC. Anyone with scripting experience knows whether this would be easily doable and would have an interest to do it?

This would be awesome! I have been looking for something like this since i put my HTPC together... like a little customised TV Guide Smile Since i have installed Sickbeard i have used this feature extensively... having it *within* XBMC would just rock!
find quote
Mikesch Offline
Avigrace Wrote:My sickbeard stopped working at the weekend, all shows that should of been downloaded are now showing as missing. If I try a manual search they do not get found and they can all be found on the nzb sites if I look for them manually. I have been using build 446 and have not touched it in a few weeks, What is odd is that a friend who uses the latest version is having the exact same issue.
Anyone else experiencing the same?

Same for me, using build 449.
find quote
supertom44 Offline
I can no longer find any episodes.

I think its due to the fact that I use nzbmatrix and I believe they changed there search api the other day, thus causing sickbeard to generate incorrect search strings.
find quote
mra6368 Offline
Last login: Fri May 14 23:18:20 on ttys001
MRAs-iMac:~ mra26$ cd cheetah
MRAs-iMac:cheetah mra26$ sudo python setup.py install
Password:
Not using setuptools, so we cannot install the Markdown dependency
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py:266: UserWarning: Unknown distribution option: 'line'
warnings.warn(msg)

running install
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
building 'Cheetah._namemapper' extension
gcc-4.0 -arch ppc -arch i386 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6 -c cheetah/c/_namemapper.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.3-fat-2.6/cheetah/c/_namemapper.o
unable to execute gcc-4.0: No such file or directory
One or more C extensions failed to build.
Details: command 'gcc-4.0' failed with exit status 1
Retrying without C extensions enabled.
running install
running build
running build_py
running build_scripts
running install_lib
running install_scripts
changing mode of /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/cheetah to 755
changing mode of /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/cheetah-analyze to 755
changing mode of /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/cheetah-compile to 755
running install_data
running install_egg_info
Removing /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Cheetah-2.4.2.1-py2.6.egg-info
Writing /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Cheetah-2.4.2.1-py2.6.egg-info
One or more C extensions failed to build.
Performance enhancements will not be available.
Pure Python installation succeeded.
MRAs-iMac:cheetah mra26$

Any ideas folks as to what i need to sort these issues?
find quote
szsori Offline
TheTVDB.com Admin
supertom44 Wrote:I think its due to the fact that I use nzbmatrix and I believe they changed there search api the other day, thus causing sickbeard to generate incorrect search strings.

This is correct. nzbmatrix had their API and RSS feeds completely down for a while. Their search API and some aspects of their RSS feeds are still offline. You can see the current status here:

http://nzbmatrix.com/forums.php?action=v...899&page=1

I'm not sure exactly which ones Sick Beard needs to be completely functional, though. I was using one of the alternate sites, but it seemed to get updated about 12 hours after nzbmatrix and even then was missing some stuff. Sad My recommendation... try out another site and donate to nzbmatrix. Smile

Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
find quote
generator Offline
I've updated to the newest version, but I still have the problem that episodes show up as missing when resuming from sleep. I then manually have to press the search button.

Waiting a few hours doesn't work, they still won't download automatically. This isn't the case for all show though.
find quote
midgetspy Offline
Sick Beard Author
I think I need to make missing eps search API not just RSS - I'll try that tonight, let me know if it works for your situation.
find quote
szsori Offline
TheTVDB.com Admin
Quick feature request...
On the "Coming Episodes" page, allow an entry to be removed. This could mark it as skipped. I sometimes download series manually if I want to watch them immediately and I don't want Sick Beard to bother downloading them later. Or I might watch something live and not need Sick Beard to get it.

Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
find quote
JackieBrown Offline
Donor
szsori Wrote:Quick feature request...
On the "Coming Episodes" page, allow an entry to be removed. This could mark it as skipped. I sometimes download series manually if I want to watch them immediately and I don't want Sick Beard to bother downloading them later. Or I might watch something live and not need Sick Beard to get it.
I'd like this feature as well. It would make the "Coming Episodes" more useful as well.

Although I think you can go to the missed section and manually do this as well.
find quote
mwkurt Offline
Posting Freak
Could someone possibly help me configure the portion of Sick Beard that will notify my XBMC to update it's library?
I am going by the following:

The XBMC host should be simply the IP:port of your XBMC web server (eg 192.168.1.100:8080).

Both XBMC and Sick Beard are currently on the same computer. So would I use my computers IP address that my internet provider gave me or is it another address, like LocalHost. Also how would I tell what port XBMC is using?
I currently have it set as follows:

IP:Localhost:8080

This did not work. What exactly should I enter into the info box? Should "IP" be included? Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Mark
find quote
JackieBrown Offline
Donor
Are you sure that is your computer's IP versus your router's?
find quote
mwkurt Offline
Posting Freak
Jackie Brown...are you talking to me?

If you are...thank you!

I don't have a router yet. The IP Address 192.168.1.100:8080 is from an online manual. That is not my ip address. By the way, I am running windows 7.

Thanks,
Mark
find quote
mra6368 Offline
I have coming episodes downloading to SAB, but they do not get put into my show folders, they go into Volumes/MediaDrive/Complete, the default folder. I am stuck, help please.
find quote
Freek Offline
mwkurt Wrote:Jackie Brown...are you talking to me?

If you are...thank you!

I don't have a router yet. The IP Address 192.168.1.100:8080 is from an online manual. That is not my ip address. By the way, I am running windows 7.

Thanks,
Mark

If you open sab's page in your web browser (I presume it opens automatically when you run sab) you can get the IP and port from the URL..... eg

http://111.222.3.4:8080/sabnzbd/queue/

111.222.3.4 is my IP and 8080 is the port.

Hope that helps.
find quote
jnewman33 Offline
Hey all,

Is there a way to specify where files are saved after post processing with the sabtosickbeard script? By default the files and folders are appearing under the program directory but I would like to change to a different location. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help,

James
find quote