Boxee Beta has its own DXVA hardware acceleration implementation for Windows?
Hmm...Seems to me that the Boxee folks ought to clarify the requirement for Win 7 on their website. They've been "recommending" the Acer AspireRevo but the Revo 1600 (which I and many others have) comes stock with XP, not Win 7. Sad
Well Boxee is now released. I cannot wait for a DXVA patch
It works great for acceleration, though I couldn't see a way to adjust refresh rate in Boxee like XBMC does so everything is accelerated at 60hz causing pulldown judder.

It is a great fork of xbmc though the default skin leaves a lot to be desired coming from confluence and PM3 HD.
AzzX Wrote:It works great for acceleration, though I couldn't see a way to adjust refresh rate in Boxee like XBMC does so everything is accelerated at 60hz causing pulldown judder.
Really? Unbelievable. I hope it's a beta problem. No
I just installed it and it switches to 24hz beautifully with dxva working. subtitles also work in dxva mode. Can't wait for the patch in xbmc branch... Smile Option is called "Synch playback to display" in video section. Tested in ATI HD 3200 integrated, win7, latest crappy catalyst 9.12.
Good!!! I guess I'll try downloading it. Not that I'm interested in Boxee itself, but I'm curious (it's too targeted at US users... us poor European souls are being sent back to the dark ages by all these internet media content services).
I just installed it to see if dxva+subtitles+refreshrate change combo work together. it is. so it's just matter of time that we see patch in xbmc main trunk i suppose.

DP
dpassent Wrote:I just installed it and it switches to 24hz beautifully with dxva working. subtitles also work in dxva mode. Can't wait for the patch in xbmc branch... Smile Option is called "Synch playback to display" in video section. Tested in ATI HD 3200 integrated, win7, latest crappy catalyst 9.12.

Adjust Display Rate and sync Playback to Display are completely 2 separate things in xbmc - I'll test it later.
I know that. I'm just saying that that's all I enabled and it's switching refreshrate for me w/out problems.

DP
I have selected Sync Playback to Display but it is definitely not adjusting refresh Rate as reported by my Samsung, It syncs to the audio clock though I have never needed to use this with xbmc.
My Samsung switches. 24Hz to 24fps, 50Hz to 25fps and 60Hz to 30fps. Tv info says it, "i" key within boxee says it. Win7, integrated HD 3200, latest catalyst 9.12. Maybe check if <adjustrefreshrate>true</adjustrefreshrate> is present in guisettings.xml?

DP
I get no syncing either with my ION based EB1501. Just stays at the desktop resolution. As this isn't really a Boxee forum, I'm not sure this is best place to discuss but I check the guisettings file tonight. I have a Samsung LE40A559

Synching works ok on XBMC
Question 
I am still evaluating rather I should use xbmc or boxee in a window OS...I know with xbmc it is better to run linux/live but I have other program I want to run like sopcast that's only available on windows.

boxee beta does a great job of playing files, but the indexing and scraping is not working properly at the moment...and xbmc's UI is just so much better. I haven't mess around with external player solution on xbmc yet, but I just want something that's reliable and easy to implement...basically I want my cake and eat it too Smile
Search. There's a branch for DXVA under win32 (all windows flavours, not just Vista and above like Boxee) that's been in progress for at least 3 months. It'll be done when it's done.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Right now, it's better to use XBMC with anything but linux. XBMC is more functional on all other platforms. Scripts and uPnP work on XBOX, but not linux. I'm hoping Camelot SP1 is around the corner.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boxee Beta has its own DXVA hardware acceleration implementation for Windows?0