Moving large collection, can I avoid rescraping data?
I have a large collection of movies I want to move from one physical location to another, all of which have already been scraped, and many of which I've manually updated thumbs/covers and fanart for.

Can I move these somehow and avoid having to rescrape the data and lose the changes I've made already? I tried a small sample of the files and XBMC finds the files at the new location, but doesn't reassociate them with the data already in the database, it refreshes it from scratch, leaving the old data as disassociated duplicates that I have to remove by cleaning the library.

Many thanks
The REAL Joe
If you export the library in the settings menu, you'll save everything but watched status.
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
Thanks, but I don't think that's exactly what I meant. I don't just want to save the existing library, I want to move the files from say

c:\Movies\*.* to

smb://moviearchive/hd/*.*

If I export the library, it's just going to save the old paths isn't it?

Cheers
The REAL Joe
If you export the library, it will save little .nfo files along with the artwork for every show/movie; that way when you add the new source and rescrape it it will be near-instant instead of slow...
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
You could look for the path in your dB file and change that, then replace the existing file with the updated one.

Make sure you back up the dB file first.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
clock2113 Wrote:If you export the library, it will save little .nfo files along with the artwork for every show/movie; that way when you add the new source and rescrape it it will be near-instant instead of slow...

Aha... gotcha! I didn't realize that would export the .nfo's and artwork, which is exactly what I was looking to do. Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

The REAL Joe
If you are comfortable with SQL http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Use_...base-files

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving large collection, can I avoid rescraping data?0