choice of platform
Hello!

I want to build a HTPC. Hardware would be a nvidia ION Board with a Atom 330 CPU and i want to use xbmc.

But my problems (i only read this in the internet):

Linux: Plays 1080p and Bluray Contenct because of VDPAU without drops (even with the hardware i want to use?), but there isn't a Bluray Player on Linux. Is this correct?

Windows: Hasn't any problems to play Bluray, there are enough players. But perhaps, 1080p and Bluray Content would not run really good because of the CPU? The VDPAU for Windows is called DXVA, but it isnt' integrated in xbmc. Is this all correct?

So, i could use a dualboot system and all off my problems would be solved, but this wouldn't be really comfortable.

But the solution for my problem could be using an external player? A player which supports CUDA oder DXVA, like Media Player Classic.

So, all of my problems will be solved? I can run Bluray Disks, 1080p Content without drops and i can use xbmc. Or are there any performance differences between Windows and Linux? I mean, if i use Windows with a player, which supports DXVA.

Thanks for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
choice of platform0