XBMC DVDPlayer Subtitle question for the Devs...
I have an MKV file containing a subtitle stream with forced sutitles only. I am on Xbox platform, have changed playercorefactory.xml by creating a rule to play .MKV files with DVDPlayer rather than MPlayer. I am running the latest tagged SVN build of XBMC for Xbox (pre-Camelot). When playing back the movie in XBMC on Xbox the subtitles do not display (I have verified they are enabled in the OSD during playback).

I downloaded Camelot Beta 1 for OSX and played the movie back on my hackintosh and the subs display properly. However, the subs display as Cyan in color rather than white.

My questions are:

1.) I read something about subtitles being completely broken in recent SVN builds prior to Camelot Alpha. Is this most likely the problem with my lack of subs in the movie on Xbox?

2.) Does DVDPlayer honor VOBSub palettes? It appears not since the subs display in Cyan on XBMC for OSX.

3.) Is there a way to change the color of the non-text based subs during playback? The subtitles are passed through from the original DVD source to the MKV container so they are bmp.

Thanks for any help and clarification you can provide.

-hogfan

PS. Camelot with Confluence is SWEET! I can wait to get a nettop and get off of XBOX. Anxiously waiting on payday! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC DVDPlayer Subtitle question for the Devs...0