XBMC wont pull from "folder.jpg"... Can I batch "Get Thumb"?
For some reason, I am having to manually set all thumbs. It wont auto pull from folder.jpg. Any ideas?
My posters are called folder.jpg, but none of them show up. This is on Camelot. Thanks.
Oo
[thread]63663[/thread]
cocjh1 Wrote:Oo
[thread]63663[/thread]

Thanks for the very helpful comment.
Is this in Library mode?
Are you using "use foldernames for lookup"?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yes and No.
There you have your answer.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Shame there are such lame question in this thread.
I am actually experiencing the same problem
(although it is difficult to determine what the actual problem is in the OP).

Anyway, I am using music in files mode,
I have a folder.jpg in every folder, but they are not "picking up" for all my recently added music.

I am using XBMC (Alpha) for ATV (3x) and Alaska skin if that makes a difference.

The only thing that I can think of that is causing this is the fact that now I am on mac,
and perhaps the pictures are incorrectly savedHuh

They are named correctly, but when I have tried to save images initially from the web they have .jpeg extension.

'spose I need to post error logs -
or anyone experience same issue previously..

Thanks

Jamie
You should at a minimum update to the Beta since you cant report a bug against old versions
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
I upgraded, actually RC 1 now, but noticed from the logs that it was indeed a permissions error somehow.

Need to get a copy again when I get the error again so I can explain more,
but this is a SMB external drive that is in NTFS format unfortunately.

Manage to play around with permissions enough to be able to write to it,
but obviously something is still awry.

Code:
12:55:10 T:46722560 M: 28393472   ERROR: CreateThumbnail: Unable to create thumbfile special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/b/bd4b353c.tbn from image smb://192.168.255.3:445/MUSIC/Nirvana/folder.jpg
12:55:10 T:44891648 M: 28393472   ERROR: CreateThumbnail: Unable to create thumbfile special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/4/42036f75.tbn from image smb://192.168.255.3:445/MUSIC/primal scream/folder.jpg

I assume that this is on the ATV and not the SMB drive itself?

Permissions for this folder on the ATV are 755 as other folders in userdata folder.
No problems anywhere else, I don't think.
so...can this be batched? seems this question was ignored.
Was this ever resolved for the music folder situation, because I am seeing this error also. I believe the privileges I have set for my user are correct, I should be allowed to write in the folder...

Any ideas?
Seems my issue is related to the population being case sensitive. I have Folder.jpg and it is complaining about folder.jpg - I guess I need to do a batch rename. Does anyone know what application is creating Folder.jpg files? Is it iTunes?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC wont pull from "folder.jpg"... Can I batch "Get Thumb"?0