xbmc on Acer x1200
Ive had my Acer x1200 with vista running 720p movies flawlessly for almost a year now. It works great and barely even uses the full capacity of this machine. The machine is also very quiet and I have video and audio running through the on board HDMI port and getting true 5.1.

My problem is the damn audio drivers/bios. I am wondering if anyone has had this issue with this particular machine or one similar? I sometimes have to flash the bios and reboot and my audio will work. 'Nvidia HDMI Audio plugged in'.

Then after sitting off for a while (and this happens randomly) I will boot the computer and get HDMI Audio not plugged in with the red icon. Sometimes it lasts over several reboots with no issues. Sometimes it is the next reboot where it loses the drivers on startup. Sometimes I have to reflash the bios to get it back, sometimes I have to just do a simple reboot. GREMLINS! GREMLINS! I cant figure it out for the life of me.

I even got the latest bios and sound drivers this past weekend and got everything working great and did several tests where I shut down, rebooted, etc and tested and tested and tested over and over and it held the driver each time. I was convinced I had solved the probelm.
I even unplugged the pc a couple times during this testing and everything held.

Then, I didnt use the machine for a couple days. I booted it up last night and what do you know...NO FREAKING SOUND! WTF? No GREMLINS! I dont know how this could be so random.
So I did the usual, rebooted and it still didnt load the sound. Rebooted again and voila..its back.

The sure fire way to make it come back is to reflash the bios. But usually just a reboot works. Then after a few uses it will lose the sound again.

Confused...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc on Acer x12000