Fakefullscreen and navigation sounds ...
Camelot 9.11 beta 1 R24883. Searched (quickly) the forum but couln't find a clue.

I have noticed that when you are in "fakefullscreen" mode which is the default mode, you have no navigation sounds playing if xbmc "window" is not focused on. When you focus on xbmc window navigation sounds are back.

I have no issue whatsoever with movies / music all others tracks. They are all playing fine all the time, xbmc being focused on or not, It seems it is only affecting navigations sounds. Oo

Anyone else experiencing the same issue? I'll post debug log if it can help.
Hi,
I know this is an old question, but I am having the same problem.
I am using the latest XBMC 10 Dharma. I use XBMC as a dual monitor set-up with my tv for XBMC (in full screen window mode) and a monitor for everything else. I use a logitech remote with eventghost to navigate XBMC. Since doing so i dont get any navigation sounds either because XBMC is never in focus but movies and tv both get sound fine.
Is there a way to make the navigation sounds go through the same "channels" as the other audio does as it just enhances the whole XBMC experience I think.

Thanks
I'd have to look at the code to be sure, but I know that XBMC detects when it loses the focus. I'd guess it disables navigation sounds to avoid an app that doesn't have the focus interfering with someone working on the computer.

JR
Thanks for the reply.
Is there a way to output the navigation sounds in the same way audio from movies and tv do.
It may be unrelated but people have troubles with the navigation sounds and HDMI and they find a way to output the audio the same way.
I have managed a work around with my remote and eventghost, assigning a sound to the direction, ok and back button presses and disabling the navigation sounds in XBMC but i would like a better solution.
Do you have any ideas floating around?

Regards
Alex

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fakefullscreen and navigation sounds ...0