FEATURE REQUEST - Kinemote Support
Hi,
The Alaska Revisited skin is my favorite one, which I am using for months.
Recently, I downloaded Kinemote (http://www.kinemote.net) for controlling XBMC with gestures via the Kinect device.

In order to optimize the experience however, it would be nice to enable Mouse function in the Alaska skin

If there is time and motivation the following upgrade would make it perfect:
analogue to the XBOX interface, it would be also nice if the Mouse selects the item (e.g. Movies, TV SHows, posters etc.) when it is pointing 3 seconds on an item.

Would be happy for any feedback.

thanks.
K
I was looking at the KinEmote software a little while ago and it looked like the default xbmc controls used the arrow keys, why would you want the mouse control? Also for the "hover to select" thing I believe the Kinclick does that, although I have not run across a download for it yet. Although I don't have a kinect so I haven't been really looking Big Grin.
what do you mean by using the arrow keys?
i use the arrow keys with my keyboard for navigating alaska revisited. when using kinemote however, it can sometimes become a desaster: if you move your hand accidentially too much upwards you enter the context menues and end up changing sorting and view options faster than you think. In order to avoid this "chaos" a working mouse pointer should help for the beginning. I can control the mouse with kinemote within Alaska, but the mouse icon is shown with a red X on the icon, meaning that it does not work.

Any way past around that?
k1282 Wrote:Any way past around that?

Recode the skin for mouse support. Wink
i should have seen this one coming Sad
i would like to do that but me not have coding experience at all Blush
k1282 Wrote:what do you mean by using the arrow keys?
i use the arrow keys with my keyboard for navigating alaska revisited. when using kinemote however, it can sometimes become a desaster: if you move your hand accidentially too much upwards you enter the context menues and end up changing sorting and view options faster than you think. In order to avoid this "chaos" a working mouse pointer should help for the beginning. I can control the mouse with kinemote within Alaska, but the mouse icon is shown with a red X on the icon, meaning that it does not work.

Any way past around that?

Enable the kiosk mode to disable all the context menues.
I would try (as BobbyOne suggested) enabling kiosk mode and see if that fixes it for you. Also the mouse works fine in the skin but its not the recommended method of navigating, hence the red X. You can get rid of that by editing the mouse graphic, I don't remember exactly where I saw that but in poking around the skin I remember running into it so it can be changed.

Does kinemote have sensitivity settings? It may just be a matter of enabling kiosk mode and tweaking the sensitivity so make it usable... anyway good luck!
just tried it last weekend and my problems have been solved. unfortunately, kinemote does not allow me to setup the mouse speed, which makes mouse utilization a bit useless at this point of time.

one question though:
what exactly is kiosk mode doing?
k1282 Wrote:just tried it last weekend and my problems have been solved. unfortunately, kinemote does not allow me to setup the mouse speed, which makes mouse utilization a bit useless at this point of time.

one question though:
what exactly is kiosk mode doing?

Kiosk mode is basically a "user mode" where you cant access the menu to change views etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FEATURE REQUEST - Kinemote Support0