xTV SAF - Bugs/ToDo list
Smile 
Heee heeee!

That did the trick!
GREAT! I've now got PERFECT fanart with no overlapping text!!!
(The fanart is smaller, but it's all good by default!)

Thanks!
So now just the script and upgrade error....

Again, let me at least be your tester for this stuff!
(I sent you a PM with my contact info.)

Thanks thanks!Big Grin
I don't know if this is a bug 'per se', but i noticed whenever i FF or RW or any other functions while watching a video, i have to hit my START button in order to make the media menu bar at the bottom go away. Previously this always went away within a couple of seconds. Is there some checkbox that i've missed to make this not happen or not appear at all?

Sorry if this is a stupid Q, but i've never seen this happen before.

Cheerz

P.S. - The latest fan art version (with the updated script file) works absolutely brilliantly on my XBOX. Thanks so much!!!!
Kavika Wrote:I don't know if this is a bug 'per se', but i noticed whenever i FF or RW or any other functions while watching a video, i have to hit my START button in order to make the media menu bar at the bottom go away. Previously this always went away within a couple of seconds. Is there some checkbox that i've missed to make this not happen or not appear at all?

Sorry if this is a stupid Q, but i've never seen this happen before.

Cheerz

P.S. - The latest fan art version (with the updated script file) works absolutely brilliantly on my XBOX. Thanks so much!!!!

Kavika,

Sorry not entirely certain what you are telling me there. Are you saying that the OSD does not go away if you are playing the video at anything other than normal speed. In which case that's by design. Or are you saying that once you have the OSD showing, it won't go away until you select the play button (that would be a bug).

Thank you on the fanart, but if you think 0.85 is good, wait until you see 0.90 . Have made a small change that means it now picks up fanart that it was missing previously. Have now included 'trailer viewing', 'get fanart' and 'get thumbs' from the video info window. Plus a number of other goodies.

Still a couple of weeks before I release the next version. I have a minor surgery scheduled for early March, so I would like to have the next version of the skin out and sorted before then.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Smile 
Nice to chat with you again. VERY happy with your latest work!
Please please don't hesitate to ask me to help you debug, check, re-check, or test anything for ya.

As for my question, yes, i'm saying that once i have the OSD showing, it won't go away until i select the START button, even AFTER if have re-played the video again. For example, say i pause my video. Then, as it should, the OSD shows up. BUT, when i un-pause (play), the video resumes, as it should, but the OSD remains until i hit START to make it disappear. (Hope that was more clear.)

Again, i'm happy to help out! Just let me know what i can do!
The new version you are working on sounds brilliant! Can't wait!
8-)

P.S. - Best wishes on your hospital visit!
StBastard Wrote:First off, love the skin! This is the skin I use most of the time because I find it very readable and I love the minimalist style. Here are some of my suggestions for future bug fixes and modifications (grouped by importance/priority):

High Priority
  • TV Shows never seem to stay in Library mode
  • Selecting/Deselecting Library mode changes the menu level and sometimes the category
  • Movies sometime take me to TV Shows and vice versa
Medium Priority
  • Same bug Kavika mentioned
  • Missing "Get Fanart" option in TV/Movie Information
  • Can't read text in episode menu when fanart is present (depends on the fanart of course)
Low Priority
  • Better Views for episodes; most views squish the screenshots
  • Bigger thumbnails in Wall view
  • Needs larger text in certain areas (top of File Manager, Weather, progress popups)
  • Some grey text is too light; hard to distinguish with white background
  • Hard to tell when arrow next to "Sort by:" is selected
  • B-button (in Xbox) goes up one level when options popup is showing; I'm used to B closing popups or doing nothing

StBastard,

Have sorted all of the Medium priority problems with my current build of v0.90 . Not entirly sure what some of your other problems are, but I think some of them are kind of default behaviour for XBMC. The original xTV skin is now pretty long in the tooth and makes assumptions that no longer hold true. As I get to visit various parts of the skin, I will fix them (just fixed the 'Profiles' screen the other day). If you try using an option (like profiles) and XBMC just crashes, odds are its because XBMC has changed what is displayed and my skin is still using the old layout.

I will look at (but not necessarily have it fixed by the time I release v.90) most of the things you mentioned in your High priority list. Keep the bug reports coming, as from the 'Profiles' example above, there are no doubt plenty of bugs lurking in the skin that I don't know about.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Kavika Wrote:Nice to chat with you again. VERY happy with your latest work!
Please please don't hesitate to ask me to help you debug, check, re-check, or test anything for ya.

As for my question, yes, i'm saying that once i have the OSD showing, it won't go away until i select the START button, even AFTER if have re-played the video again. For example, say i pause my video. Then, as it should, the OSD shows up. BUT, when i un-pause (play), the video resumes, as it should, but the OSD remains until i hit START to make it disappear. (Hope that was more clear.)

Again, i'm happy to help out! Just let me know what i can do!
The new version you are working on sounds brilliant! Can't wait!
8-)

P.S. - Best wishes on your hospital visit!

Kavika,

OK, will have a look and see what I can turn up.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

anyone else have the tiny bug that when going to Settings, no item is selected (the cursor is off the right of the menu).
Smiff Wrote:anyone else have the tiny bug that when going to Settings, no item is selected (the cursor is off the right of the menu).

Smiff,

Yes, this relates to a script that is run from a hidden button on the "System" menu. After the script is run, it's suppose to move focus to the first visible menu item, but that does not seem to be the case. Little bugs like this is the reason that I now have a couple of beta testers looking over my shoulder. Will try to fix for the next release, but it's pretty minor (just move down to first menu item, and you will see the focus appear).

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Smiff Wrote:anyone else have the tiny bug that when going to Settings, no item is selected (the cursor is off the right of the menu).

Smiff,

Ok, pretty sure this is now fixed. Will be in next release 0.90. Due in a couple of weeks.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

good to see you're on the case, thanks.
i'll be updating all my older xboxes with this skin soon so plenty more bugs to come, maybe some which actually matter Wink

some more minor bugs:
1) from the main menu, when you go into all the categories the title and icon move to the top right corner of the screen, except for the movies section, which is missing that title (is this because i edited that string in english.xml?)
2) Under Information > System info > Network many settings do not appear (don't know if this is XBMC for Xbox bug?)

and a serious bug:
1) if you have music playing with fullscreen visualization, and you keep pressing the Menu button, the old skin guide menu bar (the menu with text across it) will appear/disappear over the top of the new (icon based) menu bar! the button has no affect on the new menu bar and that stays on screen. is this bug known?

edit: actually the only way to get rid of the new menu bar if this happens is to play and then stop a video. ?
Smiff Wrote:good to see you're on the case, thanks.
i'll be updating all my older xboxes with this skin soon so plenty more bugs to come, maybe some which actually matter Wink

some more minor bugs:
1) from the main menu, when you go into all the categories the title and icon move to the top right corner of the screen, except for the movies section, which is missing that title (is this because i edited that string in english.xml?)
2) Under Information > System info > Network many settings do not appear (don't know if this is XBMC for Xbox bug?)

I think I know what you are talking about on 1) and this has been fixed, but could you please post a screenshot so that I can be sure.

On 2) Will look at it, but I think this is an XBMC for Xbox issue. Just the same post a screenshot so that I know what you are seeing (a picture tells a thousand words)

Quote:and a serious bug:
1) if you have music playing with fullscreen visualization, and you keep pressing the Menu button, the old skin guide menu bar (the menu with text across it) will appear/disappear over the top of the new (icon based) menu bar! the button has no affect on the new menu bar and that stays on screen. is this bug known?

edit: actually the only way to get rid of the new menu bar if this happens is to play and then stop a video. ?
Think this relates back to how I was handling VideoOSD.xml and DialogSeekBar.xml , which means I'm currently working on a solution. But again post a screenshot.

Keep posting problems, I'm a one man band who has probably be looking at the skin for too long. Getting to the point where I am probably not even seeing the problems any more.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Hi Guy's,

Still not 100%, but I think it's time to start work on the next release, hopefully no Win ME GUI's on the horizon. Anyway here is what I plan to work on:

• Family mode (Easy access to family media, protected access to Adult media)
  • Support for OpenSubtitle script
  • Some new 'views' and cleanup of existing views
  • Some code cleanups to make theme support easier.
That's the plan, some of the above may not come to pass in this release, but it's what I'm aiming for.

Now here is your chance to add to the above list. If you have any bugs or features that you think I need to work on, leave a post on this thread and I will see what I can manage.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- increased contrast on the screen keyboard. on some TVs its almost impossible to tell which letter you have selected. make it blue on white or something really obvious please?
- option to add a user plugin to homepage?
- my buffering % hack Wink
Smiff Wrote:- increased contrast on the screen keyboard. on some TVs its almost impossible to tell which letter you have selected. make it blue on white or something really obvious please?
- option to add a user plugin to homepage?
- my buffering % hack Wink

Smiff,

- On screen keyboard is something I REALLY dislike. I think using a QWERTY layout would be better as it is more familiar to most people and would probably be quicker with a remote to navigate. Will look at it at some stage, just not a huge priority as yet.

- Don't think its possible (XBMC won't allow it), but if it is I'm sure someone else has probably done it, so what I need from you is an example from another skin. Let me know what skin is using it, and I will do the rest.

- Have not had a chance to look at it as yet, but can't see any reason why your hack can't make it into the next release.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

ok glad we agree on the screen keyboard sucking. not sure how to "fix" it, be worth checking other skins to see if anyone has an elegant one. i know at last the PM3 keyboard is readable. not sure Qwerty achieves anything. hmm.

for my little buffering % thing, i've decided <posy>540</posy> is better - puts it under the Paused label, so can be read on white content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xTV SAF - Bugs/ToDo list0