xTV SAF - Bugs/ToDo list
Hi Guy's,

Not that I am running out of ideas at this stage, but I have set up this thread to get ideas of things that people may think are missing from the skin. Here is a quick snapshot of my ToDo list to get things rolling.

• skins menu to match system behaviour for other menus
  • change watched overlay
  • new photos file view
  • fanart on all video and music views - Done partial
  • media flagging in all video views
  • Icon to toggle between adult and Kids profiles (make it seamless)
  • 'simple'/'advanced' skin menu setting to remove advanced menu setting from skin menu
  • aTV style slideshow (play music and show photos)
  • fix myvideonav.xml to show 'Music Video' in title
  • default Icons for genre, album, song, etc. - Done partial
  • remove views that don't make sense, for example icon view in music
  • Fix how the 'Information' screen displays system information. Currently has a selection dialog covering the display info.
There are one or two other ideas that I have, but will keep to myself at this stage (not sure if I can make them happen). Post here and let me know what is important to you. If I don't hear anything, I guess I just work my way thru the list as I see fit. So if you have an itch that needs scratching, here is the place to do it.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
I have an older 65" that can only do 1080i so I use your skin because then I never have to worry about memory issues on my xbox and also I can lock the view so it's OK for the little ones.

One thing I'd like to see changed are the dialogue popups (downloading movie information, volume etc) as they look kinda shabby compared to the rest of the skin.

Please keep up the good work.
http://htbackdrops.com (Home Theater Backdrops) offers a large collection FanArt Backdrops of Music Artist and Games, and it also has a good collection of Weather Backgrounds. Help contribute by uploading FanArt for your favorite Music Artist and Games so that others can enjoy it as well.
nuzecast Wrote:I have an older 65" that can only do 1080i so I use your skin because then I never have to worry about memory issues on my xbox and also I can lock the view so it's OK for the little ones.

One thing I'd like to see changed are the dialogue popups (downloading movie information, volume etc) as they look kinda shabby compared to the rest of the skin.

Please keep up the good work.

nuzecast,

funny you should mention this. Was just thinking that with some visual improvements yesterday the dialogs were looking a bit average. I think Santa's little release (hope, hope) will have to concentrate on looking after some of these problems. Still not sure why, but I seem to have dropped the memory requirements a tiny bit as well. Will try to find out what I have done and then grab back a bit more.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

I updated my xbmc on my xbox (as I do regularly) and updated xTV SAF to 0.82 and got the red comments in skin settings. Noticed this and read in the thread that this had been fixed. So checked support settings and version of XTV SAF shows as 0.80?

I have downloaded 0.82 twice now and completed deleted any previous versions before ftp'ing new version. Was going to download the pal.zip but it says it's not avail'?

Support info:

XBMC build: r25497 Date: Dec 9 2009 Skin Version: xTV SAF v0.80!

skindefault, PAL 4:3, XBOX

Also get a startup script trying to run since installing new version - it fails as I never have and don't have one set.

Cheers

p.s. thanks for reply on other thread, only wondered about order of power menu for purely selfish reasons - as I have iplayer plugin in Fav's menu I like to get to it with least amounts of presses on remote, so press 1 to get power menu (set as a shortcut a long time ago) then move left once and press enter, then I get favs menu to open iplayer (again hence the query about adding plugin's to home menu to shorten it even more - I only have Moves, Music, Photos, Weather and System) :-)
Huh .... same here ... that would explain why I am not getting some of the views seen in the screen shots ... thought it was because I was 16x9 and they hadn't been finished yet.
http://htbackdrops.com (Home Theater Backdrops) offers a large collection FanArt Backdrops of Music Artist and Games, and it also has a good collection of Weather Backgrounds. Help contribute by uploading FanArt for your favorite Music Artist and Games so that others can enjoy it as well.
sipart Wrote:I updated my xbmc on my xbox (as I do regularly) and updated xTV SAF to 0.82 and got the red comments in skin settings. Noticed this and read in the thread that this had been fixed. So checked support settings and version of XTV SAF shows as 0.80?

I have downloaded 0.82 twice now and completed deleted any previous versions before ftp'ing new version. Was going to download the pal.zip but it says it's not avail'?

Support info:

XBMC build: r25497 Date: Dec 9 2009 Skin Version: xTV SAF v0.80!

skindefault, PAL 4:3, XBOX

Also get a startup script trying to run since installing new version - it fails as I never have and don't have one set.

Cheers

p.s. thanks for reply on other thread, only wondered about order of power menu for purely selfish reasons - as I have iplayer plugin in Fav's menu I like to get to it with least amounts of presses on remote, so press 1 to get power menu (set as a shortcut a long time ago) then move left once and press enter, then I get favs menu to open iplayer (again hence the query about adding plugin's to home menu to shorten it even more - I only have Moves, Music, Photos, Weather and System) :-)

sipart,

couple of bugs there (mentioned in the release thread). First one is that I forgot to change the release string , so v0.82 says its v0.80. My bad, fixed in v0.85.

Second issue, the startup script that is trying to run is there so I can check if installed version of xbmc can handle special:// file addressing (scripts will not work if it can't). It at the moment runs from the startup.xml file (so only gets run when you first turn on xbmc). When you first change to the skin in the 'appearances' menu to xTV SAF v0.82 it will not get run, thus it erroneously says your version of xbmc needs updating. Solution should be to restart xbmc (script runs, and skin thinks things are fine from there). If this is not the case, its not working properly and needs to be fixed. I am looking at a couple of better solutions to the problem of people trying to run the skin from too old an build of xbmc. If I can't come up with a better solution, I will have to pull this and put up with people saying scripts don't work (NOTE xTV SAF does NOT support xbmc 9.04.1 , it must be a latter version)

Nothing on the plugins other than I will be adding the 'programs' menu item back in v0.85. And yes, I'm sure most people will only have four or five items on the home menu, but potentially there could be up to 11, thus the comment.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

nuzecast Wrote:Huh .... same here ... that would explain why I am not getting some of the views seen in the screen shots ... thought it was because I was 16x9 and they hadn't been finished yet.

nuzecast,

No the problem in your case is in all likelihood that you are in 'library' mode. I would say that both ScottR and I don't run in this mode, so did not notice that fanart was not enabled in this mode. I'm currently trying to track down what's missing to show these views properly. Will be included in v0.85.

Oh and yes the skin is not 'finished' yet. Let me know what's missing so I can fix things. Remember ' The rusty hinge gets the oil'. If you don't say anything, there's a good chance I will not even notice.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Thanks Wyrm!
Kavika Wrote:Thanks Wyrm!

Kavika,

Have not heard any more on how you got on with this. Is the fanart now working, and do you still want to know what to change to move the text? Also the reason I asked you to move the discussion over to this thread was because you mentioned a couple of other bugs, are you still having the same issues, or have they cleared up.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Smile 
LOL

My bad! I was waiting for YOU!!! LOL
(I didn't want to bug you too much!)

I've copied over the 0.85 version "as is", but i still get the error messages.
Here is a screenshot when i go to the SYSTEM screen:
As you can see, i get an UPGRADE notice AND a SCRIPT FAILED notice... Shocked

Also, yes, still have the text alignment issue, so yes, i would love to know how to tweak the text! THANKS AGAIN!
Kavika Wrote:LOL

My bad! I was waiting for YOU!!! LOL
(I didn't want to bug you too much!)

I've copied over the 0.85 version "as is", but i still get the error messages.

As you can see, i get an UPGRADE notice AND a SCRIPT FAILED notice... Shocked

Also, yes, still have the text alignment issue, so yes, i would love to know how to tweak the text! THANKS AGAIN!

Kavika,

Funny I was waiting on you. I am going to need you to post a full 'debug' log for the upgrade issue. Go to System->Settings->System->Debugging and select 'Enable debug logging' and then go to 'Home Menu->System'. When you see the upgrade and script failed notice, quit XBMC and then FTP into the xbox (you will have to restart xbox) and copy 'xbmc.old.log' to your main computer. Now post a link (use pastebin or other such online service, do NOT post the log file here direct, it will be fairly large) to the file here.

Now to the text alignment issue, does that mean that the text no longer overlaps the fanart? If so, what Exactly do you want changed? Just move the text to align with the icon at the top of the screen, or do you want the size of the fanart to increase as well?

As to the bugging me, go right ahead. At least it's feed back, and maybe I might just squash a bug or two along the way.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Smile 
Excellent!

Thanks so much!

My log is here:
http://pastebin.com/m38c51971

As for the text, yes it still overlaps the fanart. Yes, I want to try and experiment with moving the text to the RIGHT to align with the icon at the top of the screen. Oh, and the fanart size is just great, no need to change it! 8-)

OH! I just realized something very important!!!! With version 0.85 i am NOT getting fanart as the default artwork. It is simply enlarging the folder.jpg files (my rectangular icons) in the video directories (House, Family Guy, etc., etc.) Here is a screenshot of that, just in case it helps!

Here is the same folder in the original (0.82 version i believe) with your 3 edited .xml files being used:

Thanks thanks!

Please let me know if there is anything i can do to help YOU!

Much much appreciated!
First off, love the skin! This is the skin I use most of the time because I find it very readable and I love the minimalist style. Here are some of my suggestions for future bug fixes and modifications (grouped by importance/priority):

High Priority
  • TV Shows never seem to stay in Library mode
  • Selecting/Deselecting Library mode changes the menu level and sometimes the category
  • Movies sometime take me to TV Shows and vice versa
Medium Priority
  • Same bug Kavika mentioned
  • Missing "Get Fanart" option in TV/Movie Information
  • Can't read text in episode menu when fanart is present (depends on the fanart of course)
Low Priority
  • Better Views for episodes; most views squish the screenshots
  • Bigger thumbnails in Wall view
  • Needs larger text in certain areas (top of File Manager, Weather, progress popups)
  • Some grey text is too light; hard to distinguish with white background
  • Hard to tell when arrow next to "Sort by:" is selected
  • B-button (in Xbox) goes up one level when options popup is showing; I'm used to B closing popups or doing nothing
Kavika Wrote:Excellent!

Thanks so much!

My log is here:
http://pastebin.com/m38c51971

As for the text, yes it still overlaps the fanart. Yes, I want to try and experiment with moving the text to the RIGHT to align with the icon at the top of the screen. Oh, and the fanart size is just great, no need to change it! 8-)

OH! I just realized something very important!!!! With version 0.85 i am NOT getting fanart as the default artwork. It is simply enlarging the folder.jpg files (my rectangular icons) in the video directories (House, Family Guy, etc., etc.)

Thanks thanks!

Please let me know if there is anything i can do to help YOU!

Much much appreciated!

Kavika,

Thank you for debug log, need to fix script (sometime over the weekend).

Fanart is NOT on by default, need to select in System->Skin Settings->Background (for people like me who have multiple systems hanging off a NAS). Gives the option of having the fanart on harddisk, but not using it for whatever reason.

Change the above setting and let me know if text still overlapping fanart. Will post how to change text position sometime over weekend (off to work soon).

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

StBastard Wrote:First off, love the skin! This is the skin I use most of the time because I find it very readable and I love the minimalist style. Here are some of my suggestions for future bug fixes and modifications (grouped by importance/priority):

High Priority
  • TV Shows never seem to stay in Library mode
  • Selecting/Deselecting Library mode changes the menu level and sometimes the category
  • Movies sometime take me to TV Shows and vice versa
Medium Priority
  • Same bug Kavika mentioned
  • Missing "Get Fanart" option in TV/Movie Information
  • Can't read text in episode menu when fanart is present (depends on the fanart of course)
Low Priority
  • Better Views for episodes; most views squish the screenshots
  • Bigger thumbnails in Wall view
  • Needs larger text in certain areas (top of File Manager, Weather, progress popups)
  • Some grey text is too light; hard to distinguish with white background
  • Hard to tell when arrow next to "Sort by:" is selected
  • B-button (in Xbox) goes up one level when options popup is showing; I'm used to B closing popups or doing nothing

StBastard,

Thanks for the feedback, will look at the list and see what I can come up with. But, see previous message for 'Kavika Bug', not really sure if it's a bug.

Currently working on 'Fanart' in info screen, will be in next release. And 'Wall view' is a work in progress at the moment(as is all of the skin at this stage). I plan at this stage to overhaul how views are handled, so that unused view can be turned off (saving memory, and speeding things up I hope). Next release not for a while, but watch the announcement thread as I may get some free time to make things happen.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xTV SAF - Bugs/ToDo list0