• 44(current)
Back Row General Discussion
Few requests, what do you think of them:-
1. Next 5 tracks , either on Now playing screen or on Home menu.
2. Artists' logo in library view.
3. Make the record labels logo ore prominent in the full screen information view (on pressing'I')
4. Show user ratings on list / list 2 view of music tracks.
5. Include the provision of having an RSS feed too
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
bandelguy Wrote:Few requests, what do you think of them:-
3. Make the record labels logo ore prominent in the full screen information view (on pressing'I')
5. Include the provision of having an RSS feed too

Yep they all sound like good additions. Artist logos seem interesting, been meaning to check them out. Where were you thinking of putting the RSS feed?
Currently, backrow shows Rss feed at the bottom. So, an additional Rss feed can be implemented at the top. Users can put 2 series of RSS Feeds. Just like Neon implements.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
kiboy6 Wrote:...it seems as though the skin option to enable / disable submenus for each shortcut does not make any difference. Even if none of those are enable I still get submenus under all shortcuts. I have it all set up nicely now, but if i disable/enable certain combos of home shortcuts they will probably disappear...strange that you can't replicate it....in any case I have it working nicely for nowSmile...

Ah there you go - I've managed to replicate the bug - I didn't realise that you had actually been disabling all submenu items - yep if you do that for a particular section (eg disable all the submenu items under "videos") then the other submenu items won't show if you still have videos on the homescreen. I can fix this.

#Edit - ok hopefully that's now been fixed.
Sharpe Wrote:Ah there you go - I've managed to replicate the bug - I didn't realise that you had actually been disabling all submenu items - yep if you do that for a particular section (eg disable all the submenu items under "videos") then the other submenu items won't show if you still have videos on the homescreen. I can fix this.

#Edit - ok hopefully that's now been fixed.

Hmmm...even with the update atm I still see submenus under all of the home shortcuts now, regardless of the toggle status in skin options...strange.

Another quick question....what is he default time set as between selecting a song and the last.fm slideshow visualization kicking in?...It seems quite long and I always get impatient and press "tab". Do you think the default delay should be shortened? If not is there an advanced setting to change this?

Finally, going back to an old chestnut, did you ever explore the possibility of a graphic to indicate changes to "shuffle" status?

Thanks !
kiboy6 Wrote:Hmmm...even with the update atm I still see submenus under all of the home shortcuts now, regardless of the toggle status in skin options...strange.

Yes very strange - so if you disable all of a home screen item's submenus you still see that empty submenu appear? Is that what happens? Or are you attempting to disable the submenu by pressing something else in skin options? Seriously let's nail this one as it's driving me nuts Smile Talk me through exactly what you are attempting to do and what you are doing in skin options to disable your submenus - a screenshot might help.

Quote:Another quick question....what is he default time set as between selecting a song and the last.fm slideshow visualization kicking in?...It seems quite long and I always get impatient and press "tab". Do you think the default delay should be shortened? If not is there an advanced setting to change this?

There isn't an actual delay in the skin - infact for me I'm afraid it's pretty instantaneous. Makes me think something local is perhaps at play. You could check this with ronie at the script level though?

Quote:Finally, going back to an old chestnut, did you ever explore the possibility of a graphic to indicate changes to "shuffle" status?

Thanks !

I did look at it but other than the player control that indicated the shuffle status I couldn't think of any way to show this status independently of the controls.
Sharpe Wrote:Yes very strange - so if you disable all of a home screen item's submenus you still see that empty submenu appear? Is that what happens? Or are you attempting to disable the submenu by pressing something else in skin options? Seriously let's nail this one as it's driving me nuts Smile Talk me through exactly what you are attempting to do and what you are doing in skin options to disable your submenus - a screenshot might help.

Ahhh, maybe I see where we're misundestanding eachother. I don;t mean disabling the individual submenu items for a particular shortcut. I mean disabling the entire submenu for a shortcut. (at least that's what the skin options looks like it does). See screenshot - here it loos as though "Videos" submenu should be enitrely disabled, but it still shows up. I don't mind this - I was just wondering if it was related to the disappearing submenu problem.Image

Quote:There isn't an actual delay in the skin - infact for me I'm afraid it's pretty instantaneous. Makes me think something local is perhaps at play. You could check this with ronie at the script level though?

Hmm...my slideshow visualisation doesn't show up exactly 3 minutes after i select a song....here's a debug log.....I'm asking Ronie for advice on this - my entire profile folder is fresh and clean so I don;t get why I should be having any funky issues. If you have time, can you see anything going amiss at skin level in this log?....

Quote:I did look at it but other than the player control that indicated the shuffle status I couldn't think of any way to show this status independently of the controls.

I guess I might make a XBMC request for this feature then...cheers!
kiboy6 Wrote:Ahhh, maybe I see where we're misundestanding eachother. I don;t mean disabling the individual submenu items for a particular shortcut. I mean disabling the entire submenu for a shortcut. (at least that's what the skin options looks like it does). See screenshot - here it loos as though "Videos" submenu should be enitrely disabled, but it still shows up. I don't mind this - I was just wondering if it was related to the disappearing submenu problem.Image

Bingo there we go -that doesn't disable the entire submenu - it just makes the other items within that submenu visible to select. I should maybe change that control so it doesn't resemble the regular toggle buttons.

kiboy6 Wrote:Hmm...my slideshow visualisation doesn't show up exactly 3 minutes after i select a song....here's a debug log.....I'm asking Ronie for advice on this - my entire profile folder is fresh and clean so I don;t get why I should be having any funky issues. If you have time, can you see anything going amiss at skin level in this log?....

Oh that sounds messed up mate it shouldn't take that long - of course I will check your log for you. You could see if it's the same in T! though (it should be as the code to activate the slideshow is pretty much identical).
Thanks so much - just to be clear: the slideshow is there if i press tab. Just doesn't automatically show up otherwise for 3 minutes.
Oh right I get you. I think that's an xbmc builtin setting not sure if you can change that.
Yup - that was just the screensaver delay setting - silly me. LAst.fm slideshow behaving a little better for me now but still sometimes a bit glitchy. Waiting for Ronie's response on that one. One thing that may be skin related: At the end of playback of , say, an album the last.fm slideshow visualization just shows a black screen. This remains until further input from the remote keyboard.

You were probably already aware of this, but the wraplist problems are present in the music library cd wrap views also. Is this just a question of waiting for this isssue to be addressed in XBMC?
kiboy6 Wrote:Yup - that was just the screensaver delay setting - silly me. LAst.fm slideshow behaving a little better for me now but still sometimes a bit glitchy. Waiting for Ronie's response on that one. One thing that may be skin related: At the end of playback of , say, an album the last.fm slideshow visualization just shows a black screen. This remains until further input from the remote keyboard.

You were probably already aware of this, but the wraplist problems are present in the music library cd wrap views also. Is this just a question of waiting for this isssue to be addressed in XBMC?

Yep all the slideshow problems are either script or XBMC related - fairly confident on that. There's actually fairly little skin adaptation needed (so it's less likely to cause problems) as ronie integrated the script so well.

The wrap views have been dealt with for the time being - for the CD wraps views I've merely changed them to fixed list views (best way to fix the issue for now) for the other wraplists I've bodged fixes onto them.
Sharpe Wrote:Yep all the slideshow problems are either script or XBMC related - fairly confident on that. There's actually fairly little skin adaptation needed (so it's less likely to cause problems) as ronie integrated the script so well.

The wrap views have been dealt with for the time being - for the CD wraps views I've merely changed them to fixed list views (best way to fix the issue for now) for the other wraplists I've bodged fixes onto them.

Cool, thanks a lot. Nice not to see those little imperfections anymore. I actually think the fixed list views work rather well for the CD wraps Smile
bandelguy Wrote:Few requests, what do you think of them:-

Hey guys,

I see the ratings in the list 2 view now. Thanks for that.

What about the other things I mentioned before? Will you be including them?
Yeah possibly I'm just waiting on an XBMC repo pull request to go through before I add anything else to the SVN.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row General Discussion6