• 64(current)
Back Row General Discussion
Hey, first I want to thank you for making this wonderful skin !

I'm having some problems with the Subtitle OSD button. In the skin script settings I enabled it (like in the instructions 1 page back). The OSD button is now there, but when I use it the OSD closes, and nothing happens.
In confluence under System->Video>Subtitles I set the subtitle addon to OpenSubtitles. (like described here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...e_services). But I still can't get it to work. It does work in confluence, by the way.
HI

You also need to make sure you have the subtitle addon selected after you've set up OSD button in skin settings - it's the next step after you've name the subtitle shortcut.

Providing you're using Frodo it should work (I've no idea what it does under Gotham I'm afraid)
Ahh! I think there lies the problem: after naming the subtitle addon under script settings, it doesn't ask me to select an addon. I can only name it.
I'm using XBMC Gotham though (unstable repo)- I think they changed something with the subtitle OSD button since Gotham.

Is there a way to get this working? Maybe writing the wanted subtitle addon to a skin .xml file directly, instead of selecting it after naming the script?
Sorry if I'm causing you a lot of work.

Edit: Gotham indeed behaves different (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...e_services )
(2014-01-17, 19:30)Crypdos Wrote: Ahh! I think there lies the problem: after naming the subtitle addon under script settings, it doesn't ask me to select an addon. I can only name it.
I'm using XBMC Gotham though (unstable repo)- I think they changed something with the subtitle OSD button since Gotham.

Is there a way to get this working? Maybe writing the wanted subtitle addon to a skin .xml file directly, instead of selecting it after naming the script?
Sorry if I'm causing you a lot of work.

Edit: Gotham indeed behaves different (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...e_services )

Yep that'll be it Crypdos.

I imagine that in order to get the button to work for Gotham you'll need to alter all the code that activates after you press the subtitle button in the OSD controls then probably deal with whatever changes they have made to the dialog controls that show up for the new subtitle screen (if they even have one).

If I ever get round to updating the skin for Gotham I'll deal with it then but for now, if you need it to work, there's not much I can do I'm sorry. I'm still not sure I can even begin to find the time to deal with the horrendous amount of skinning changes required to go to Gotham.
That's ok! I will just switch back to Frodo for now. Thanks and good luck Smile
Please, how to install this skin on prismcube Thank you.
Oh I don't know it looks pretty unusual.

- I guess it depends how much of regular XBMC is used in that device. If they've left the addons menu intact you should be able to install it via the regular install from repo method (if it's based on Frodo).
I just upgraded to OpenElec Gotham, and it says Back Row is incompatible?
Hi again yeah I guess the version of the skin in the repo is the Frodo version.

You'd need to use the Gotham version of the skin which although, I've not yet finished working on, works okay.

The Gotham version can be downloaded manually from the skin's Gotham download link and then installed again manually.
(2013-01-22, 14:32)Sharpe Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 11:26)kiboy6 Wrote: Updated the favourites script but still can't get this to work. The relevant folders are selectable as favourites. I can access them no problem via the heart at the bottom of the home screen. It's just when I select that favourite as "set default video source" in BackRow settings that it doesn't work. (I get a blank menu when i press the "Videos" button on the homescreen).

In other words, the favourites themselves work fine....the problem seems only to occur when BackRow calls them

Thanks a lot if you can help get to the bottom of this!

Yep I'm fairly sure that this is related to the same problem that I encountered when I first made the change in skin behaviour. I noticed that a favourite entry which was a folder on a letter mapped network drive (eg. Drive X under my computer) would just show as a blank menu under the set default video source. -ronie made a change to the favourites script and that fixed the issue for me.

Before I delve into Back Row's code could you just remove the favourite item from your list of favourites then re-add it as a favourite? Then try it again.

Also could you try to set up the same favourite item as a default source for both "TV" and "Movies" - just to rule out a coding error with "Videos".

(2013-01-22, 14:24)ncnoman Wrote: FEATURE REQUEST for the otherwise PERFECT SKIN

I would love to see Fanart + MilkDrop overlayed in the music player.

It is just too much trouble using other skins that do this and then trying to tweak them to be as clean as this one is for library navigation. I know this skin is (I guess in theory) a minimalist skin... please consider that there is just not much gone into the Backrow Music player... it could use a polishing and IMO this one easy feature in confluence and transparency makes all the difference... just by putting the fanart behind the visualization....

and just in case it isn't supported already let me mention the importance of CU LRC Lyrics script support too here... THANKS!

Funnily enough I was playing around with this very thing a few days ago - keep an eye out for it happening.

Also there is lyric support in Back Row - it needs enabling in the skin settings.

Where is the option to enable the lyric support?.. can't find it RolleyesSad
It's in skin settings under the scripts heading. Once enabled there the button should appear in the music OSD controls.
(2014-04-12, 09:59)Sharpe Wrote: It's in skin settings under the scripts heading. Once enabled there the button should appear in the music OSD controls.

Blush Great, got it Tongue thanks
just needed to add a name then select the addon... when i saw that i thought i had to add some sort of script manualy.. i mean some code of some sort, but no, just a name and then select an addon.

Thanks, got it working, EXCELENT SKIN!!!!
the only thing missing could be a total number and lenght info in movies, music and series. Wink

the best skin in xbmc by far Big Grin
HI,

Will the Gotham version work in Eden on the ATV2?

Thanks in advance
(2014-05-05, 14:58)ady199 Wrote: HI,

Will the Gotham version work in Eden on the ATV2?

Thanks in advance

Probably not - there's been quite a few changes between Eden and Gotham.
Nothing to say great job! Smile cheers
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row General Discussion6