• 65(current)
Back Row General Discussion
I love this skin! But i have one problem: i am using wide icons at the tv series section and back row uses always the poster.jpg instead of the banner.jpg. Is there a way to change this behaviour or is it my fault? Am i doing something wrong?
Sorry for my bad english Smile
It should use the banners if they are there - have you clicked the use posters instead of banners toggle in skin settings? That could cause this issue.
I'll try to find this toogle today evening. yesterday i didn't see it... But this could help Big Grin
Hi,

first of all the "back row" skin is really great, thx for that!
I only have one question so far and after searching the web for an answer i couldn't find one, so i am asking it here.
In the standard skin (Confluence) there is a procedure so you see the music player:"From the Home menu, go to System > Skins > General Settings
In the "Background" section, uncheck "Show Background "Now Playing" Visualization"."
I can't find that option in the back row skin. Can someone help me with that.

Thx in advance
Frederick
Hi - it's in skin settings, under General and it's the "Enable Music Visualisation And Slideshow In Home" toggle option
Installed BackRow Version 5.0.0 Frodo on my OpenELEC 4.0.3 (Frodo build) running on my Xtreamer Ultra2 HTPC.
Now I tried to install the newest Cinema Experince Addon Version 4.0.10.
But how I can activate this Addon in the BackRow Skin? If I select a movie and press the info button, there is no Start with Cinema Experience visible (intro file was preselected in the CE seetings...)

Any idea how I can integrate Cinema Experience?
(2014-06-06, 00:46)nitropenda Wrote: Installed BackRow Version 5.0.0 Frodo on my OpenELEC 4.0.3 (Frodo build) running on my Xtreamer Ultra2 HTPC.
Now I tried to install the newest Cinema Experince Addon Version 4.0.10.
But how I can activate this Addon in the BackRow Skin? If I select a movie and press the info button, there is no Start with Cinema Experience visible (intro file was preselected in the CE seetings...)

Any idea how I can integrate Cinema Experience?

Howdy - again it's in skin settings, there should be a toggle to enable it in there Smile
Hi, can you tell me how to bring up "list view" for video addons. For some reason, it's just showing big images/icons whatever.
I'm using windows 7. 64 bit.
(2014-06-14, 20:47)irish66 Wrote: Hi, can you tell me how to bring up "list view" for video addons. For some reason, it's just showing big images/icons whatever.
I'm using windows 7. 64 bit.

Hi it should just be the same way you switch the other views. Just move the direction left right or up down depending on the view you are in.
Hi Sharpe,

Thanks a lot for your early response to all my questions, its looking a lot better.

The other day a found out there's an addon called Movie-Set and it looks great, details of the saga with the CoverArt of the howl collection in the same screen, anyway i installed it and didn't work.
They told me it works in Gotham and the skin doesn't matter. Is there a way a could get it to work?

Cheers!
Yeah I've never bothered with sets so it's not something I ever looked into adding.

Never say never but it's probably unlikely to make it into Back Row as I just don't have the same kind of spare time I used to have to work on the skin
I first want to say thanks for the work on this awesome skin. I am using the gotham version and would like to know where the code to change the speed of extra fanart cycle is located.

Also, I would like to offer my help if needed. I am still pretty new at coding but have some basic knowledge from messing with skins. I also am fairly good at photoshop.
(2014-06-26, 17:33)UserNameStolen Wrote: I first want to say thanks for the work on this awesome skin. I am using the gotham version and would like to know where the code to change the speed of extra fanart cycle is located.

Also, I would like to offer my help if needed. I am still pretty new at coding but have some basic knowledge from messing with skins. I also am fairly good at photoshop.

Hi there - I'm afraid when I originally coded the extra fanart into Back-Row I wasn't particularly efficient in how I did it. So consequently the timing for the extra fanart is all over the CommonVideoLibraryViews.xml.

ie wherever you find the tag:

Code:
<imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]/extrafanart</imagepath>

You should also find the timing:

Code:
<timeperimage>20000</timeperimage>

It's in about 20 distinct locations.

It's very kind of you to offer your help with the skin - I may just take you up on that some time in the future Smile
Thanks Sharpe. I changed all code to make the extra fanart cycle a little over twice as fast. Here is a link to my modded CommonVideoLibraryViews.xml in case you or anyone else wants to use it.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/gu2psvld9w...yViews.xml
Hello,

Would someone please provide guidance on adding more than 12 home shortcuts. I want to add some more favorites as home shortcuts but have used up the 12 default ones. I know I can create sub-menus to the home-shortcuts but would prefer a home screen icon instead. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row General Discussion6