• 3(current)
Back Row General Discussion
Yep it's like you stated - it's because the 4:3 and 16:9 versions of the skin are actually different - (A while back I pretty much stopped working on the 4:3 stuff and concentrated on only updating the 16:9 version). Really I should have just scrapped both and just concentrated on a 720p version - (Which I do intend to do when I get the time in the new year).

I've just made some alterations to the 4:3 files and the home screen should work as you want it to now.
just wanted to say thank you very much for your efforts. everything works perfectly.

can't wait to see what else you have planned.
Same here. Skin close to perfect. Thank you so much for your work.

Question : how do I "force" the music's 30s ext info view? For the moment, when I hit TAB, I got a crappy black view. Maybe I'm missing something...
Pressing the player controls button should do the trick
Nice, works like a charm ! Thank you very much.
This is a very well done skin. I really like how the covers/posters are displayed nice and large but not too overwhelming. I also like the the info is displayed.

There is only a couple things I will comment on.

In the recently added TV/Movies on the main page it would be nice if additional information could be displayed when your on the episode/movie. If not sliding in when your on the TV/Movie then could you possibly call up the info screen when pressing "i" ?

I also have to agree with this:
AnalogKid Wrote:Fanart Wrap view for Movies (and TV Shows)
The 'current' selected Movie (or TV show) is not central... it's one position too far to the left (i.e. 3rd from the left). I understand it's to make the 'info' transition nice and easy (and just slots into the right hand side nicely... but it looks odd. It might be nicer to slide the current movie to the left as the info appears, and slide back to the right (middle) afterwards?

Would be nice to have the info no displayed unless triggered. Most of the time you know about the shows you watch but you may want someone new to read that info first, hence triggering make sense.

Thanks for all you work on this skin, its very polished, I've enjoyed using it.
I've moved the movie focus in that view to the centre and altered the info to match up.

Cheers guys.

this may sound stupid but is there a hidden menu somewhere that allows me to exit out of this skin cause its anoying as hell

thanks

just started using this skin and its not bad at all
Hit "S." That pops up the shutdown menu. That's standard in all skins.
nowisn Wrote:this may sound stupid but is there a hidden menu somewhere that allows me to exit out of this skin cause its anoying as hell

thanks

just started using this skin and its not bad at all

Yeah sorry it is a bit hidden I suppose.

But when you're in the homescreen pressing down brings up a few buttons - DVD drive eject; Favourites; Skin Shortcuts; Shutdown menu

Ah okay I never knew they were there, kinda have to get used to each skin with my gyro remote/air mouse, it can be a bit of a pain

I have to go buy a compatible remote for xbmc if there is one

By the way this is an awsome skin, gives me the theatrical movie feeling when i open it that the others don't have

Thank you

oh question how can i reduce the background shading that appears in that wizard that pops up in the center of the screen cause it can get annoying with my mouse always hitting it?
You can by editing the relevant xmls ie:

MyMusicNav.xml
MyMusicPlaylist.xml
MyMusicSongs.xml
MyPics.xml
MyPrograms.xml
MyScripts.xml
MyVideo.xml
MyVideoNav.xml

You'd need to find <description>Button Background</description> and edit the color diffuse value.

eg: Change it from <colordiffuse>DDffffff</colordiffuse> to something like <colordiffuse>55ffffff</colordiffuse>
Before I try this beauty and fall in love with it...
I need to ask if BackRow provides alternative font sizes (standard, bigger, massive)

'cause those screenshots are smokin' sexy, but I already know that font size will be too small on my tv set.

If not, would you consider to add at least a bigger set ?

(I know I can manually change the xml file and all, but I hate it. Besides, it's a very convenient functionality to have officially)

Thanks a lot
and... OMG, GREAT WORK...
Cheers chareos and thanks for the props.

Okay I've just added a larger fontset for use in HD modes (hopefully it shouldn't need the larger font for SD use).

Here's an example of the new font size:

Hey Thanks sharpe for the .xml editing tips, I found a bit of a bug thow when i drop my mouse curser down to the shutdown button I get the main shutoff menu but it won't shut down right away and when I run my mouse across the selections I can't seem to choose shutdown or exit, it only wants to give me a timer shutdown

am I missing something

Oh and if your ever thinking of changing stuff around i'd like to suggest maybe making that myvideos.nav.xml a menu bar thats maybe floating so it doesn't interfere with the searching, this is probably not an issue with a regular remote I assume for you.

Other than that this is an awsome theme/skin, I liked rapier when it was simple and neat but now it has become over bloated I think and to many hidden things like that home button thing at the top.

All for simplicity
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row General Discussion6