Beta 2...Scraper issues
I have recently upgraded to both beta one and beta two and seem to be haviong the same issue on both releases.

They all install fine, but when I "SET CONTENT" and then "SCAN FOR NEW CONTENT" the system does nothing, the bar oin the top right appears briefly for a fraction of a second but then nothing, if you select the scraping sub menu again nnothing has changed and reselecting the item does nothing again.

I know its not an internet issue, as if I go and get each item individually it works fine.

I have tried this on two machines with the same issue on both. I seem to remeber it works fine of the previous "STABLE releases" but now is really causing me problems.

I have ahad a good trawl through the forum with no luck as to tracking down this issue already mentioned, so would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks in advance

regards

Jonathan
I think they'll need a debug log from ya to figure out what is going on. Scraping works fine here.
You are right, here is my log, not sure if I have done this right, please let me know if not

="http://pastebin.com/m7a2ce275"
with a little trial and error I have found this is happening on every installation of XBMC be it 9.04 or any of the newer beta installations

Any suggestions of assistance welcomed

Jon
You enabled "This folder contains only one video file" when clearly the folder actually contains either a whole heap of video files or a whole heap of folders that contain video files.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for spotting that...it actually wasnt selected, but I went in, selected it and then unselected it and it appearsed to work fine.

Now though, when I scrape the contetns of the movie fiolders it finds a film, then finds "NEW" then find "Home Movies" and then find "new nightmare" even though none of those are the names of folders in my collection...

any ideas hereHuh
If it wasn't selected, then that wasn't the problem.

Exactly what are your settings and what is your filesystem layout?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

it was definitely not selected, but i tried on a couple of machines and by selecting it first then desecting, the initial scrape then worked fine.

However, I am not haaving other issues...so I will now describr the directory structure.

I am retrieving all of my files from a server with a number of shared drives via SMB.

The structure is as below

Videos
- Movies
- DVDS
- SD
- SD NEW
- HD
- HD NEW
- TV Shows
- Dexter
- Season 1
- and so on
- Lost
- Season 1

So a pretty simple directory structure.

NOw all seemed fine when I added both the HD and HD New directories as a multiple path for the MOVIES section, but when I add iether SD or SD NEW or BOTH, the scrap seems to basically do every four or so of the newly added films, and when the scrape is taking place, now this is the weird part, it scans for NEW NIGHTMARE and HOME MOVIES repeated in turn for about 5 mionutes and then stops having found nothing, then if I go into the library of the collated files, it comes back showing all the HD and HD FILMS as correct titles, but the SD and SD NEW files as basically hundreds of NEW NIGHTMARE and HOME MOVIES files, and no matter what I do , I cannot change the details of these films.

My films are not in the stated film file format...i generally have "THE DARK NIGHT.MKV" for example, but as stated above, all of the HD and HD NEW files scrape fine, its only when I add another 500 SD films that I start to get problems.

When I take a look at "16 Blocks.avi" it shows up as title "HOME MOVIE", with the following description "to save earth from an alien probe, kirk and his crew go b" it lists the path of the file correctly, but shows no plot, only shows the fulm nail of the actual file, lists no cast and no other details, and every other film is like this added after the inital 200 films.

ANy suggestions or help would be really appreciated
I have just tried taking out the SD and SD NEW structure from the movie list source and this leaves things fine, but if I then add them back one at a time, the problem comes back
Keep things simple. Set content on the SD folder, tell us EXACTLY what you used in terms of settings. Don't scan.

Then, ensure you have debug logging on, and "Scan for new Content" on the SD folder.

Grab the log and post it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beta 2...Scraper issues0