Multi-language support for subtitles
(simon1219 @ oct. 12 2004,06:09 Wrote:wow, jimmyhwang, keep it up. will it able to switch between text subtitles and image-based subtitles also

e.g. srt and idx,sub ?
the function is supported on multi-language (04-10-16) version, please check patch on sourceforge.
wow, great work! will hopefully get my hands on the patch soon.

cheers :thumbsup:
the multi-subtitle seem can't working in dvd-rom & smb, i found problem is from findfirstfile, i guess the findfirstfile only support standard xbox file system, so it is can't support pc standard dvd-rom & smb.

i think xbmc should have solution for get files in directory, so i am research how to do the file list on xbmc and to replace findfirstfile.

if anyone can provide other suggestion is better, that can help me fix it. :lol:
i think that the best is select the the subtiltles from the hole list of .srt .sub .etc...
i´have a lot of cds where the subt name and the movie name are not the same :verysad:

with the actual solution, is it possible to wath a movie with subtitles if the movie&sub names are for example:
matrix.avi
the matrix.srt

thanks for your help.

alfredo.
the only thing i miss from normal pc movie player (like classic mplayer or crystal player) is the ability to select the subtitle file you wish to use while playing the movie.

i have several (hundreds) already burned cd's and dvd's with movies(avi's) which subtitles files have different names from the movie file, so the xmbc doesn't load them; therefore, each time a want to load the subtitle i have to copy it to the subtitles folder of xmbc, this sometimes is kind of annoying and timeconsuming. it would be nice to have a menu option or an osd option to load the desire .srt or .sub file (regardless of the name).
(afeno @ oct. 20 2004,12:31 Wrote:the only thing i miss from normal pc movie player (like classic mplayer or crystal player) is the ability to select the subtitle file you wish to use while playing the movie.

i have several (hundreds) already burned cd's and dvd's with movies(avi's) which subtitles files have different names from the movie file, so the xmbc doesn't load them; therefore, each time a want to load the subtitle i have to copy it to the subtitles folder of xmbc, this sometimes is kind of annoying and timeconsuming.  it would be nice to have a menu option or an osd option to load the desire .srt or .sub file (regardless of the name).
i think it is possiable, i can make remainder subtitle files to be select if have not any subtitle name match movie name.

but you didn't expect the correct file name will be show on osd, i think u will see "subtitle 1, subtitle 2....etc".
(jimmyhwang @ oct. 20 2004,04:46 Wrote:the multi-subtitle seem can't working in dvd-rom & smb, i found problem is from findfirstfile, i guess the findfirstfile only support standard xbox file system, so it is can't support pc standard dvd-rom & smb.

i think xbmc should have solution for get files in directory, so i am research how to do the file list on xbmc and to replace findfirstfile.

if anyone can provide other suggestion is better, that can help me fix it.  :lol:
the latest version is updated, i use getdirectory for replace findfirstfile, it is seem working fine.

update 04-10-21
----------------
1.added dvd support
2.added smb support
3.added sub directory support
wow. like classic media player, it is possible to use a filemanager to browse for subtitles in the harddisk, dvdrom and smb share?
(simon1219 @ oct. 21 2004,09:18 Wrote:wow. like classic media player, it is possible to use a filemanager to browse for subtitles in the harddisk, dvdrom and smb share?
by current way, i don't to do big modify ui for these special subtitles, i think make it to like as extended language name will be easy.

on my way, i can let these subtitle show on osd like as 1,2,3,...etc, and leave a switch on xboxmediacenter.xml for enable the function, but i prefer don't make the strange way.
Nod
thanks for all your work on this.

i'm planning to look at incorporating some patches from sf into cvs in the next few days.

is this patch pretty much final, or is there other stuff you'd like to add to it?

as for the "search for subs using a filebrowser" type thing, we can add this at a later date if it's really needed (would require some fairly major additions to the gui, for instance the filebrowser dialog etc.)

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i think the patch is finished if not other bugs be found. :o
(jimmyhwang @ oct. 20 2004,17:58 Wrote:
(afeno @ oct. 20 2004,12:31 Wrote:the only thing i miss from normal pc movie player (like classic mplayer or crystal player) is the ability to select the subtitle file you wish to use while playing the movie.

i have several (hundreds) already burned cd's and dvd's with movies(avi's) which subtitles files have different names from the movie file, so the xmbc doesn't load them; therefore, each time a want to load the subtitle i have to copy it to the subtitles folder of xmbc, this sometimes is kind of annoying and timeconsuming.  it would be nice to have a menu option or an osd option to load the desire .srt or .sub file (regardless of the name).
i think it is possiable, i can make remainder subtitle files to be select if have not any subtitle name match movie name.

but you didn't expect the correct file name will be show on osd, i think u will see "subtitle 1, subtitle 2....etc".
it would be great to have the possibility to choose the subtile form a list (subt1, subt2, subt3, ...) if there is no match!!!!
thank you very very much for this new feature.
with this, the player is too much powerfull!!!!
excelent work folks!!

cheers.
alfredo
jimmyhwang, how do i apply the patch?

by just copying and overwriting the latest cvs and recompile will it break the cvs other features?

i noticed that there is a patch to mplayer.dll. is it required if i used the cvs version of the mplayer.dll
(simon1219 @ oct. 22 2004,08:24 Wrote:jimmyhwang, how do i apply the patch?

by just copying and overwriting the latest cvs and recompile will it break the cvs other features?

i noticed that there is a patch to mplayer.dll. is it required if i used the cvs version of the mplayer.dll
my version is based on cvs to modify and download date at 10/10, you just use the patch to overwrite it and compiler it.

xbmc and mplayer need to re-compiler both.

i have not right to update the patch to cvs, you should take the risk if you need it, maybe it is will be added on the future or next release, anyway, i don't know when.
Cool
hi there,
it is not possible to provide a step by step instuctions of how to compile this patch?
i don´t know what version i have to use.
i suppose that i have to download a specific version of xbmc and then replace some files with the patched files that are included in this patch. but, i don´t know what cvs version of xbmc i have to use and that patch i have to use.
can someone provide the direct links to the cvs and the patch?
thanks a lot.
best regards.
alfredo.
ps: or.... why don´t you upload the bins un xbins? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-language support for subtitles0