can we have a nicer overlay image for watched videos?
Hi,

isnt it easier ti grey the thumb or landscape of the watched movies/espisodes out. Like the fanart but not so lite.

It fits to Alaska and has no problems with colored Themes or language.

Efty
I wasn't happy with the shadow I had to add to the tick to make it visible on certain images so I've added a background and at the same time changed it to an eye.

Both colours change be changed via the colors.xml.

I was missing the circle background...
Hitcher, your last implementation here above is very welcome!
Fantastic. ^_^
I was thinking of something almost like this.
Good work as always hitch.
I like the new "eye" like the many others but it is missing a previous feature from when it was ticks. When watching TV shows, it doesn't tick the episodes in the list, only the currently highlighted episode. I can scroll through each ep to see which has been watched but it takes a lot longer than simply viewing each tick in the ep list.
I'm sure this is just a minor oversight and will be resolved. :p
Patience is key this time of year when people are busy with their actual lives.
Yup! nothing but respect for Hitcher! Enjoying Alaska even without it. Thought I'd post the bug up fast so he knows.
aflo Wrote:I like the new "eye" like the many others but it is missing a previous feature from when it was ticks. When watching TV shows, it doesn't tick the episodes in the list, only the currently highlighted episode. I can scroll through each ep to see which has been watched but it takes a lot longer than simply viewing each tick in the ep list.
I took the decision to remove them from unfocused items in the list simply because it's easier to switch to hiding the watched items for that purpose.
Hitcher Wrote:I took the decision to remove them from unfocused items in the list simply because it's easier to switch to hiding the watched items for that purpose.

Oh? I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I think this is a terrible idea.
I'm gonna have to revert if non-focused watched showing doesn't return. Sad
Every single view fails to show if items are watched unless they are in focus.
A library my sized is unbrowseable in this fashion.

Besides, hiding watched items when a watched flag is available seems a moot point.
I agree with Hikaricore. I liked being able to see what i had watched rather than toggling. Maybe instead of cluttering the list with the "eye" we could change the colour of watched items?
hikaricore Wrote:Oh? I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I think this is a terrible idea.
I'm gonna have to revert if non-focused watched showing doesn't return. Sad
Every single view fails to show if items are watched unless they are in focus.
A library my sized is unbrowseable in this fashion.

Besides, hiding watched items when a watched flag is available seems a moot point.

+1, please bring the watched sign back.
OK but I'm working on something else for the lists.
It was clear that the icons wouldn't work when there's no image to place them over from these tests -

So this is what I came up with instead -

The question now is do I also use it for the focused item inplace of the watched icon for consistency in these view types?
Hitcher Wrote:Image

This one is nice. I did this for myself a while back (using the original red circle with a checkmark in the middle) and have been very happy. It is easy to see with my old eyes. Nerd
Kind of in a pickle, there...another thing, going the text route, is episodes with a long name especially on the focused item wold throw things off. BTW, I do like the text version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can we have a nicer overlay image for watched videos?0