can we have a nicer overlay image for watched videos?
Amra Wrote:This one is nice. I did this for myself a while back (using the original red circle with a checkmark in the middle) and have been very happy. It is easy to see with my old eyes. Nerd
Really? I don't like any of them; they just look messy to me.
mcborzu Wrote:Kind of in a pickle, there...another thing, going the text route, is episodes with a long name especially on the focused item wold throw things off. BTW, I do like the text version.
It's that or behind the Aired Date -

or instead place of it when Watched -

Hitcher Wrote:or instead place of it when Watched -

That looks very clean and alaska-ish....
Looks much better after the aired date imo, unless the aired date was positioned above the plot of the episode in focus. Wouldn't want to lose that info.

I think the one with all the watched icons does look really messy too
I think it would be much more clear if you used a character before Aired:, in that same grayish tone instead of red.

I can't do mockups but could you try adding a unicode symbol at the start of the Aired: line, such as:
Ballot box w/ check: ☑ (U+2611)
Circled white star: ✪ (U+272A)
Check mark: ✓ (U+2713)

A circled check mark would be perfect imho, but I couldn't find one.

Other than that, I'm not a fan of substituting Air Date, plus all those 'WATCHED' make me dizzy. I'd go with 'WATCHED' in front of the air date, possibly in a slightly lighter shade of gray.
I'm a fan of behind the aired date. You still retain all of the information - whilst still showing if a show has been watched or not in a non-disruptive way.
Cadriel Wrote:I'm a fan of behind the aired date. You still retain all of the information - whilst still showing if a show has been watched or not in a non-disruptive way.
Well that's what I've gone with and will be uploading soon.
Quote:Ballot box w/ check: ☑ (U+2611)

This, in red, just before the Aired info... would look great
Except that's not in the fonts we're using and you can't change fonts inside a label.
I'm sure you're working on it but I thought I'd point out, fileview still needs a resolution for this issue.
I personally prefer fileview for episode browsing over episode view because of the layout.

Thanks again for the fixes hitch. ^_^
I don't want to spend time on File view simply because I'll be overhauling it soon.
Fair enough. :p I look forward to seeing what you do with it. ^_^
Don't get me wrong, i like the episode view but the small image and moving text doesn't suit me.
DuMbGuM Wrote:Just a quick mockup to explain, but I think this is something like what he means, saw a similar thing on another mod somewhere..

Is there a .png of that ribbon floating around somewhere? Cause I love this ribbon overlay and really wanna see what I can do to add it in.
OK, I don't have the bits to do a mock up here, but could we not have something similar to the PAUSED overlay? Something like a semi transparent WATCHED tag over the thumb. I realise that languages are a factor so some generic image maybe better, but if we're looking for something Alaskaish I would have thought that sticking to a current standard would have been preferable.
It's just a thought, but since the fonts are currently being changed, maybe it'd be an idea to use Strikethrough as the method of indicating whether something is watched or not?

This avoids having to overlay the image completely, and would be visible on every video and not just the currently selected.

This obviously all depends on whether the new fonts have Strikethough though.
KingPsycho Wrote:Is there a .png of that ribbon floating around somewhere? Cause I love this ribbon overlay and really wanna see what I can do to add it in.

I believe I deleted it because it was just something I made quickly, I can make it again when I get a chance if you like

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can we have a nicer overlay image for watched videos?0