Plex style remote
I just switched from Plex to XBMC just to check it out. I think both are great but Ive decided to stick with XBMC for awhile. One thing I would like though, is having the Apple remote behave the way it does in Plex. Is there any way of achieving this? Ie. pressing menu during playback brings up the playback controls rather than exiting the movie. Pushing fast forward skips the movie for a little bit, holding fast forward skips alot, rather than fast forwarding at different speeds etc. Any file I can copy from Plex or something to have the remote handle the same in XBMC? Any help apreciated!
Your best bet is comparing the joystick.AppleRemote.xml files from Plex and XBMC and changing them to suit.

We think ours is pretty right now - holding MENU during play brings up the menu, as it does in many other places (context menu for instance). Pressing MENU on the other hand goes back one screen, as it does in many other places (i.e. everywhere in the UI).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the quick help man, I really appreciate it!
No worries - welcome to the forums Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plex style remote0