Bluray Rips
How do I add ripped blurays to the movie library. They not showing up in library mode. I can see them in the content folder.

I'm using 9.11 beta 1.
My playercore xml has the bdmv file type.
You should really search the forum before posting. There are a few posts about this.

You can't play Blu-Ray iso in XBMC because of license issues.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63523
mindweaver Wrote:You should really search the forum before posting. There are a few posts about this.

You can't play Blu-Ray iso in XBMC because of license issues.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63523

I searched the forum that's why I'm posting. I didn't say anything about iso and not being able to play the movie. The movies don't appear in the library. I see them scanned but nothing in the library. No cover art, nothing.

You took the time to tell me to search. You could have answered the question. If you are not going to be helpful don't post
eded9698 Wrote:I searched the forum that's why I'm posting. I didn't say anything about iso and not being able to play the movie. The movies don't appear in the library.

If you cannot play a BluRay rip and have not provided an example on how you have ripped them (mkv?) then why would they appear in the Library? Using the external player is also irrelevant in regards to a 1:1 Blu Ray rip (mts) as what you are doing is not yet a core function.

eded9698 Wrote:You took the time to tell me to search. You could have answered the question. If you are not going to be helpful don't post

Rip it to mkv, scan to library - done.
AzzX Wrote:If you cannot play a BluRay rip and have not provided an example on how you have ripped them (mkv?) then why would they appear in the Library? Using the external player is also irrelevant in regards to a 1:1 Blu Ray rip (mts) as what you are doing is not yet a core function.

Rip it to mkv, scan to library - done.

If its not a core function than why can I play a 1:1 ripped bluray movie using TMT from within XBMC. I can see the movies in the content folder and click on the index.bdmv file and the movie plays. With no problems. Based on your logic then XBMC should be able to add it to the library because I can play it. Which brings me back to my first question.

Why isn't XBMC adding it to the library?
eded9698 Wrote:Why isn't XBMC adding it to the library?

Good question, maybe a debug log will shed some light.
I'm willing to hazard a guess. Assuming your movie is in a ripped folder structure, it'll look something like:

c:\movies\Dark Knight\bdmv\stream\0000001.m2ts

If you set the folder "Dark Knight" to scan, it won't find a movie in the next layer up, so you need it to scan recursively until it does find a movie to scan. Of course, there is a very good chance that doing this will result in your getting about 10 Dark Knight movie listings, since there will be multiple m2ts files to find.

If that is the issue, you need to clean out your directory of any other movie file besides the main one.

If that isn't the issue, maybe you could tell us a bit more about your specific problem, because we are trying to help, but we can only do so much guessing about what your problem actually is before we give up out of frustration and a deep sadness resulting from your ripping on other users for guessing about your problem incorrectly.

Edit: Of course, posting a debug log taken while scanning would also be pretty helpful. See my signature for how to post a problem in a useful manner.
i have added preliminary support for bd rips (folders, not iso's) to trunk. not on windows yet.
I want xbmc to find this file.

Movies\Angels & Demons\BDMV\index.bdmv.

xbmc can find this file and add the movie to the library

Movies\PUBLIC_ENEMIES\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

Why not the other file?
because we are still waiting for your patch to do so!
spiff Wrote:because we are still waiting for your patch to do so!

What do you mean "your patch".

What I'm asking can not be done at this time?
Obviously not Smile
C-Quel Wrote:Obviously not Smile

Your link is dead. But you knew that.
eded9698 Wrote:If its not a core function than why can I play a 1:1 ripped bluray movie using TMT from within XBMC. I can see the movies in the content folder and click on the index.bdmv file and the movie plays. With no problems. Based on your logic then XBMC should be able to add it to the library because I can play it. Which brings me back to my first question.

Why isn't XBMC adding it to the library?

I found this information in another thread here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...index.bdmv

Step 1) Associate .bdmv with XBMC:

Go into your XBMC UserData directory (this will either be under your username or in the XBMC folder depending on how you set it up), and you will need to create a new video type for the bdmv files that we just associated. This will allow you to Add the BDMV files to your library and get DVD covers / fan art. Etc. To add bdmv as a video type you need to create a new file called Advancedsettings.xml (this file may already exist if you have customized stuff in the past). If you need to create a new one, just open up notepad and paste the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
<add>index.bdmv</add>
</videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

Step 2) Add BD Rips to your library (assuming auto scan is not used):You can now test adding a bluray complete rip to your library by navigating to the bluray rip folder and right clicking on the index.bdmv file and choosing "Movie Information". The BDMV name will come up by default which you clear and type the actual movie name. I couldn't find a way to use the folder names since the index file is 2 folders deep from the root folders.

Step 3) Associate your external player with .BDMV (assuming TMT in this case):Make XBMC launch TMT for BDMV files. In the same directory that you created the Advancedsettings.xml above (your userdata directory), you need to create another file called playercorefactory.xml . You can use notepad to create this one as well. Paste the below and save it in your userdata directory. Change the filename location to your appropriate location if you aren't using 64 bit Vista.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="TMTPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\Launch.exe</filename>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>true</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="bdmv" filename="*.bdmv" player="TMTPlayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray Rips0