• 4(current)
"adjust display refresh rate to match video"
perkins Wrote:I feel you brother, but until 23.976 is standard on OS X, I don´t think Plex or XBMC have tools to make it work without SwitchResX (or other this kind of app).

I hope Apple-people are doing something in their next OS release to get native support for 23.976. Otherwise their operating systems are missing some basic features and that´s not very cool.

I don´t know if it´s that the mac users have been passive or anti-demanding, but feels like OS X development is rather slow on this sector.

Yes, Mac users are often complésant is a pity. That does not make a difference.

To return a SwitchResX is there to do special handling for the 23.976?
superyo Wrote:To return a SwitchResX is there to do special handling for the 23.976?

The basic funktions of SwitchResX aren´t very difficult to handle. Hardest part is to find correct setting for your custom 23.976Hz refresh rate since every TV brand has it´s own settings. With google you can find lots of topic around SwitchResX and 24p, those threads leads you to the secrets of 23.976.
perkins Wrote:The basic funktions of SwitchResX aren´t very difficult to handle. Hardest part is to find correct setting for your custom 23.976Hz refresh rate since every TV brand has it´s own settings. With google you can find lots of topic around SwitchResX and 24p, those threads leads you to the secrets of 23.976.

I see ... thank you very much, but given the complexity I would not attempt.

Wink
superyo Wrote:I see ... thank you very much, but given the complexity I would not attempt.

Wink

I know, it´s a bit complicated and almost feels like a Linux kind of tweaking. That´s why it would be nice to have it in the OS X by default. Maybe after Jobs the middle management have also corrage to speak up their ideas.
So guys you better get your hands on the latest nightly and give some feedback (only bugs - no features!)... *walks away whistling*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
holy crap https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/98be...018ad04426

Smile
sweet, but still not coming back from plex until eden is out, all the DB errors with the nightlies caused me much havok lol
--
probably a good choice, looks like the db version got updated once more but it's not upgrading very nicely to ver. 58 Sad with <name> provided in advancedsettings.xml it crashes back to desktop, without it it creates MyVideos58 but leaves the tables blank.
How disappointing Smile We go out of our way to add this, and no one wants to use it now....
davilla Wrote:How disappointing Smile We go out of our way to add this, and no one wants to use it now....

I'll test it. I have a 2010 Macmini running Snow Lion and Windows 7 64bit. It's easy for me to compare the performance between OSX and Windows. Anything in particular you want me to focus on?
davilla Wrote:How disappointing Smile We go out of our way to add this, and no one wants to use it now....

I'll go back to sqlite for now, this is much more important to me personally, so thanks.

Hooray! I will gladly try this out, I have been waiting for the auto-adjust refresh rate in OSX. Big Grin

Thank you for your time and effort. Laugh
Memphiz Wrote:So guys you better get your hands on the latest nightly and give some feedback (only bugs - no features!)... *walks away whistling*

Hehe.. You sly rascal. It has become installed and testing has begun! Laugh

I have my display set to 23.976 (24)Hz and the latest and greatest nightly changes this to 50Hz for dvd's and other content with 50Hz. Fabulastic! Thank you! Big Grin

I should also mention that, at random, 50Hz content will playback seemingly with only a few frames per second, extremely slow and without sound. A dvd that plays fine during one playback attempt, but will stagger away at a painfully slow pace the next time I play it. Checking my display's settings, the refresh rate has been correctly set to 50Hz in all instances of my attempts with this content.

I'm doing this on a Mac Mini 2011 model (AMD GPU), with OSX 10.7.2. Connected using HDMI to a surround receiver and onwards to a 40" screen.

Anything you want me to try, or do you desire a debug log?
Davilla,

I turned the option on today so we'll see how it goes. I actually had it off but had been noticing some 1/2 second freezes and weird judder in a 1080p mkv though no dropped frames showing in stats.

We'll see if this corrects it at all. If there's any logging info I can provide after watching a 1080p mkv with refresh adjust turned on, let me know.

Using a 2009 model mac mini btw, hdmi connected to both a Panasonic Plasma as well as an Epson 1080p Powerlite projector.
Aonoa Wrote:Hehe.. You sly rascal. It has become installed and testing has begun! Laugh

I have my display set to 23.976 (24)Hz and the latest and greatest nightly changes this to 50Hz for dvd's and other content with 50Hz. Fabulastic! Thank you! Big Grin

I should also mention that, at random, 50Hz content will playback seemingly with only a few frames per second, extremely slow and without sound. A dvd that plays fine during one playback attempt, but will stagger away at a painfully slow pace the next time I play it. Checking my display's settings, the refresh rate has been correctly set to 50Hz in all instances of my attempts with this content.

I'm doing this on a Mac Mini 2011 model (AMD GPU), with OSX 10.7.2. Connected using HDMI to a surround receiver and onwards to a 40" screen.

Anything you want me to try, or do you desire a debug log?

You see this dvd behaviour only when refreshrate adaption is turned on?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"adjust display refresh rate to match video"0