• 6(current)
"adjust display refresh rate to match video"
Memphiz Wrote:Could you try to enable the delay for resoultion switching - for something like 5 secs or so and report back if that helps?

It did not help. Sad
Aonoa Wrote:It did not help. Sad

xbmc.log with the delay, please.
davilla Wrote:xbmc.log with the delay, please.

My pleasure. Please peruse it at your leisure. The log will show that I tried playback two times, and the first one played normally, while the second attempt ran at the slow ~7FPS.

Hope it helps. Smile
Which Denon amp are you using? Ever since i enabled hz switching, i've had few cases when passthrough audio disappears, and i have to switch audio output to analog and then back to hdmi, doing this the audio comes back. But it doesn't cause any juddering. I've only watched x264/mkv's, haven't tested if it happens with DVDs though.

In your case the audio is obviously fine.. And i guess it would require setting "sync playback" to audio clock for the stuttering to happen.

I'll try and see if i can replicate your issue with PAL DVDs.

Edit: only now i read your original post

Quote:extremely slow and without sound
toiva Wrote:Which Denon amp are you using? Ever since i enabled hz switching, i've had few cases when passthrough audio disappears, and i have to switch audio output to analog and then back to hdmi, doing this the audio comes back. But it doesn't cause any juddering. I've only watched x264/mkv's, haven't tested if it happens with DVDs though.

In your case the audio is obviously fine.. And i guess it would require setting "sync playback" to audio clock for the stuttering to happen.

I'll try and see if i can replicate your issue with PAL DVDs.

Edit: only now i read your original post

I'm using a Denon AVR 2808, but I do not think my receiver is the problem since playback of AVI files works with XBMC's automatic refresh rate switch. AVI files are also the only content that appears to be unaffected by my issue.

Apart from the aforementioned AVI files working, all files/DVD's that play at the same rate that my display is set to, work as normal. Any file that contains 24Hz material will play fine as long as my display is set at 24Hz. The same applies if I manually change my display in OSX to be 50Hz and play some PAL 50Hz content, then everything is fine. The problem begins if XBMC does it's automatic changing, then the playback either works, or it does not.

By the way, this issue is beyond simple juddering/jitter in the playback.. The picture is nearly frozen solid, only moving ahead a few frames at a time.
I think this issue is related to content with multi-channel audio. All the AVI's I mentioned in my previous post, are in stereo, which strenghtens this thought.

By turning off Dolby Digital and DTS capable receiver options in XBMC, playback with the automatic refresh rate switch on seems to work fine with all my content. However, I get stereo output on MKV files that have 5.1 channels, although the DVD seems to have played with 5.1 channels still.

I also noticed that when I have Dolby Digital and DTS capable receiver options turned on, along with the automatic refresh rate switch.. When the issue then occurs, the display on my receiver says it is getting stereo, when it should have been 5.1 DD or DTS.

The DD and DTS capable features in XBMC work whenever the contents rate and my displays rate match up, or if I have the automatic refresh rate feature turned off.
Aonoa Wrote:I think this issue is related to content with multi-channel audio. All the AVI's I mentioned in my previous post, are in stereo, which strenghtens this thought.

By turning off Dolby Digital and DTS capable receiver options in XBMC, playback with the automatic refresh rate switch on seems to work fine with all my content. However, I get stereo output on MKV files that have 5.1 channels, although the DVD seems to have played with 5.1 channels still.

I also noticed that when I have Dolby Digital and DTS capable receiver options turned on, along with the automatic refresh rate switch.. When the issue then occurs, the display on my receiver says it is getting stereo, when it should have been 5.1 DD or DTS.

The DD and DTS capable features in XBMC work whenever the contents rate and my displays rate match up, or if I have the automatic refresh rate feature turned off.

Yeah somehow the refreshrate switching seems to break the HDMI audio ... this is the cause for your 7fps and everything else ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yay! Laugh

It seems like the latest (todays) nightly has fixed my issue, so far none of my content has played at the unplayable 7 FPS or so. Everything is smooth and enjoyable. Big Grin

I will report back if I encounter some problems.

Thank you. Really.
It seems like XBMC after some time puts 50Hz as the default rate for my display. I just noticed it now, that while nothing is playing, my display has 50Hz instead of 24Hz. I guess it does not really matter anymore, since now it switches automatically to 24Hz or 50Hz whenever needed to play content. Smile
Congratulations to you all.
I test it extensively and Change works perfectly well.
It's really nice!

For cons, I do not understand. Since this new to the Apple Remote does not work as before.
The option "Allow starting XBMC with the remote" does not work.
When I'm in the menus of XBMC remote works well.

I can not turn this feature has ... an idea of the problem?

Thank you.
superyo Wrote:For cons, I do not understand. Since this new to the Apple Remote does not work as before.

This feature works on my system. OSX 10.7.2 and latest XBMC nightly, although I'm not sure I can recall any nightly it has not worked on. My Apple Remote is not the store-bought one, though. I have an old one that was packaged with a laptop years ago, if I recall correctly.

I have a different problem, I'm not sure what it could be related to, but recently XBMC has begun crashing during the night. I leave my Mac Mini with XBMC running while going to sleep, and the next day when I turn on the display again to watch something, a crash dialog for XBMC is waiting for me. The only activity that may happen during this time, is some automatic updating of the XBMC library by the use of a script I have.

Here is my latest crash log.

I hope this can be remedied. Thank you for your time! Smile
Aonoa Wrote:This feature works on my system. OSX 10.7.2 and latest XBMC nightly, although I'm not sure I can recall any nightly it has not worked on. My Apple Remote is not the store-bought one, though. I have an old one that was packaged with a laptop years ago, if I recall correctly.

I have a different problem, I'm not sure what it could be related to, but recently XBMC has begun crashing during the night. I leave my Mac Mini with XBMC running while going to sleep, and the next day when I turn on the display again to watch something, a crash dialog for XBMC is waiting for me. The only activity that may happen during this time, is some automatic updating of the XBMC library by the use of a script I have.

Here is my latest crash log.

I hope this can be remedied. Thank you for your time! Smile

Please, please. make new threads for issues unrelated to the thread topic. All you do is pollute existing threads with unrelated posts.
superyo Wrote:Congratulations to you all.
I test it extensively and Change works perfectly well.
It's really nice!

For cons, I do not understand. Since this new to the Apple Remote does not work as before.
When I'm in the menus of XBMC remote works well.

I can not turn this feature has ... an idea of the problem?

Thank you.

Thread jacking, please do not do this and create a new post of issues unrelated to the thread topic.
sorry davilla !

My little feedback from the latest master.
He had a lot of changes.

By default, the Mac is 50Hz.
When I watch a movie 50Hz. XBMC is given first to 24Hz and then returns to 50Hz. This does not seem to me normal. It should not change value when it is the same. no?
When I watch a movie in 24Hz. I paused. I did tab on the keyboard to change the options. And then it reverts to 50Hz!
And when I come back to the movie it goes back to 24Hz ...
Early versions did not work like that. There is a problem I think. Not useful too much change.

Furthermore, in parallel, I am unable to correctly read some films. They all have the same structure (rip blu-ray - big file (TS - VC-1) in 24hz). I constantly jerking on my Mini 2.4 Ghz 4Go/RAM. I am media-info if you want.

Thank you
superyo Wrote:By default, the Mac is 50Hz.
When I watch a movie 50Hz. XBMC is given first to 24Hz and then returns to 50Hz. This does not seem to me normal. It should not change value when it is the same. no?
When I watch a movie in 24Hz. I paused. I did tab on the keyboard to change the options. And then it reverts to 50Hz!
And when I come back to the movie it goes back to 24Hz ...
Early versions did not work like that. There is a problem I think. Not useful too much change.

When you go to GUI, it switches back to desktop refresh rate. That is by design and works the same on all the other XBMC platforms that can do display refresh rate changing.

Instead of using a tab, use the ODS ( 'm' key ), audio and video settings are there and you will not switch out of video refresh rate.

XBMC.log (in debug mode) will show all this.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"adjust display refresh rate to match video"0