• 3(current)
"adjust display refresh rate to match video"
Gzapr Wrote:Hey Davila if we the Mac Mini user donate money will it be speed up the development for such request

Not really, pushing eden out is priority. This feature request requires a refactor of osx windowing code.
davilla Wrote:This feature request requires a refactor of osx windowing code.

Can you open up this more for a mac n00b, thx.
perkins Wrote:Can you open up this more for a mac n00b, thx.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_refactoring

beside that is not a tiny part of the code, but the complete windowing interface for osx inside of xbmc ... its a huge project...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
http://elan.plexapp.com/2011/11/28/plex-...r-edition/

NEW: [Mac] Support for automatic refresh rate switching. And there was much rejoicing.
WingmanNZ Wrote:http://elan.plexapp.com/2011/11/28/plex-...r-edition/

NEW: [Mac] Support for automatic refresh rate switching. And there was much rejoicing.

Well, if Elan pulls his head out of his.. dark place... and decides to share code with others, that news might help us out. Even though Plex is required to publish the code for the Mac client (being based on XBMC v10, after all), getting them to actually do so is another story.
Ned Scott Wrote:Well, if Elan pulls his head out of his.. dark place... and decides to share code with others, that news might help us out. Even though Plex is required to publish the code for the Mac client (being based on XBMC v10, after all), getting them to actually do so is another story.

Ned, just in case anyone might read your statement as remotely factual, I would hasten to clarify that the code for the latest Plex release is always available here: https://github.com/elan/plex

Have a great day!
Did the mention of Plex or your name trigger some kind of alert? In any case, I'm glad to see that I was wrong about your attitude regarding publishing code, and with a github account too. You have my humble apologies on that matter.

Although, if you have a link to your git repo on plexapp.com then perhaps it needs to be more easily found.
WingmanNZ Wrote:http://elan.plexapp.com/2011/11/28/plex-...r-edition/

For me this is the most welcome feature at the moment and Im going to give Plex another try. Let see if XBMC can speed up in this race.
perkins Wrote:For me this is the most welcome feature at the moment and Im going to give Plex another try. Let see if XBMC can speed up in this race.

Sorry, but this is silly thing to say.

Firstly, I do not believe your act will inspire quicker action on devs side. Secondly, player and skins part is XBMC strongest part, Plex being media management and cross device sharing. If that wouldn't be truth, Plex would not use it.

It just happens that it's pre release time so bugs fixing comes first. It would be nice if Plex code could be used afterwards as it could save dev time.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Strongly that this function works on a Mac!
And this will solve the problem of stuttering 23.976 files that are read in 24Hz?

If not, silly question, but it is not possible for XBMC change the resolution depending on the nature of the file?
superyo Wrote:And this will solve the problem of stuttering 23.976 files that are read in 24Hz?

Without SwitchResX, I doubt it since it looks like it´s using the default 24Hz display setting. But with switchresx redirect feature I managed to use 23.976Hz instead of 24Hz. That way there´s no stuttering.

The earlier post of mine was a bit stupid, I admit it. They are different kind of applications. But from my point of view, I prefer good playback features over nice looking skin and layout. That was the reason why I dropped Plex earlier since they had audio sync problems with 24p playback.
perkins Wrote:The earlier post of mine was a bit stupid, I admit it. They are different kind of applications. But from my point of view, I prefer good playback features over nice looking skin and layout. That was the reason why I dropped Plex earlier since they had audio sync problems with 24p playback.

Cheers.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

patience grasshoppers, after Eden is released, then we jump to 10.6SDK.
perkins Wrote:Without SwitchResX, I doubt it since it looks like it´s using the default 24Hz display setting. But with switchresx redirect feature I managed to use 23.976Hz instead of 24Hz. That way there´s no stuttering.

The earlier post of mine was a bit stupid, I admit it. They are different kind of applications. But from my point of view, I prefer good playback features over nice looking skin and layout. That was the reason why I dropped Plex earlier since they had audio sync problems with 24p playback.

yes it parrait but it's annoying to pay for something that should be standard ... Sad
superyo Wrote:yes it parrait but it's annoying to pay for something that should be standard ... Sad

I feel you brother, but until 23.976 is standard on OS X, I don´t think Plex or XBMC have tools to make it work without SwitchResX (or other this kind of app).

I hope Apple-people are doing something in their next OS release to get native support for 23.976. Otherwise their operating systems are missing some basic features and that´s not very cool.

I don´t know if it´s that the mac users have been passive or anti-demanding, but feels like OS X development is rather slow on this sector.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"adjust display refresh rate to match video"0