ZOTAC Mag
sparticle Wrote:Had a ZOTAC MAG for a while now 2GB 330.

Plays most things, not quite powerful enough for full BD rip at 1080P.

Spart

The little ZOTAC barley breaks a sweat playing 35 Mbps FULL 1080p Blu Ray (Linux VDPAU enabled).

CPU0 25% CPU1 0% CPU2 0% CPU3 0%

Edit:
As crappy as the wireless is it will do 5Mbps 720p (40 feet)
Can anyone with one of these Zotac Mags confirm whether or not it supports "TV-Out" from the video card? I'm planning to hook one of these up to an older TV that only has svideo input, so if it supports TV-out, then I can get away with a cheap cable, otherwise I'll half to shell out a few more bucks for an actual converter.

Thanks!
FishOil Wrote:Try the XCI install script

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69753

Yup, thats what I'm running. I've got the Karmic minimal install, plus the xci script.

MKV not playing. i switdh to the adxxx something, it plays, but i'm dropping frame once in a while, with about 140-150% CPU utilisation.
FishOil Wrote:Try the XCI install script

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69753

Hi

I use the xci script, with the Karmic Minimal install.
Maybe because i'm using the 64 bits karmic? Could that be the problem?
I dont mind reinstalling with the 32 bits. I only have 5-600gb to scrape, so it's not that long.
Hi Fishoil

I dont mind reinstalling with the 32 bits. I only have 5-600gb to scrape, so it's not that long.
Oxidd Wrote:Hi Fishoil

Its worth a try. Thats what I used.
cquilliam asked me a question via PM and thought I would post an answer here.

Quote:you mentioned that you picked up the Zonet wireless to replace the Zotac's wifi card. I was curious as to how you disabled the Zotac's wifi card? Did you have to open up the machine to take it out, or is there a setting in the bios? I couldn't find anything there for it. As well, you said you did a few tweaks, I was wondering if you remembered what they were.

Because I had compiled and used the compat wireless module (ath9k) to get improved reception with the internal card this module has to be blacklisted if you want to use a diffeent wireless adapter (USB). I cant be sure if you people that didnt use the compat wireless driver have the same module name but I suspect you do.

Code:
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

add ath9k at the bottom

To see what the problem with the new adapter you can type (If you boot with it plugged in)

Code:
dmesg |grep firmware

That should show you the error with the new adapter. It will try to load a non existing firmware /lib/firmware/RTL8192SE/rtl8192sfw.bin

To get the correct module loaded you will have to move or find (download link below if you dont have it) a file and create a directory.

The new module that will be loaded will be called r8192s_usb

after install you can verify by typing

Code:
lsmod

The new firmware filename is rtl8192sfw.bin

I already had this file in a different location. /lib/firmware/RTL8192SE

If you dont have it I found a place where you can download it. (this file is an older version than what I have by a few months, Shouldn't be a problem)

Download at your own risk.

http://launchpadlibrarian.net/37238913/r...009.tar.gz

Create a directory called RTL8192SU

Code:
sudo mkdir /lib/firmware/RTL8192SU

copy the rtl8192sfw.bin file into the new directory.

Code:
cp [b]/location/of/firmware/file[/b] /lib/firmware/RTL8192SU

Code:
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

Code:
# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# Wired Interface
#auto eth0
#iface eth0 inet dhcp

# The primary network interface
# Wireless
#auto wlan0
auto wlan1

iface wlan1 inet static <--------This is my static IP. You dont need these 4 lines if you dont want a static IP
address 192.168.1.106  
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1

wpa-ssid         [b]your ssid name[/b]
wpa-ap-scan      1
wpa-proto        RSN WPA
wpa-pairwise     CCMP TKIP
wpa-group        CCMP TKIP
wpa-key-mgmt     WPA-PSK
wpa-psk          [b]your wpa2 key[/b]
wireless-channel 1
wireless-mode    managed

Some of this assumes you have or have had the proper setup for wireless already. The XCI script will have the option to enable the wireless and these instructions will be relevant. If not, then you are on your own.

Now, With all that being said you can simply try the built-in card with the bleeding-edge compat wireless drivers (see previous post). It works reasonable well (much better than the current kernel driver). It will do medium bitrate HD without the buffering message.
krijeck Wrote:I made this change on my system did not work for me! I had navigation sound but after starting a movie and coming back to menu the navigation sound is away!
anything I have forgotten?

I use xbmc on a Vaio VGN-CR290 as my HTPC. I'm not sure if this is your issue, but I realized that after you leave the playing screen (with Esc), the menu sound disappear. But if you STOP the playback (music, video, ...), the menu sounds play fine. Maybe you don't have any problem...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZOTAC Mag0