Back to Dharma?
So I set up a new HTPC with xubuntu and XBMC as a standalone application.

Turns out it installed Eden rather than Dharma which I guess is fine. Unfortunately, when playing back any kind of .mkv or .mp4, the video seems to skip every 2 or 3 seconds. This is a deal breaker. I have looked around and this seems to be an at leas somewhat common problem with Eden. This is not an issue at all when in VLC.

I have tried different drivers for my video card, running in a XBMC session rather than xubuntu, various hardware/software acceleration settings, sync video to display refresh rate, sync display refresh rate to video etc.

So for now at least I would like to go back to Dharma. Is there any way I can still get the 10.1 packages rather than the 11.0 which is what the wiki gives you?
What kind of help do you expect? You didnt give us a shred of information, let alone tell us what video card you have. jeez

Details
Don't know if you loaded RC 1 or RC 2
sounds like this could be your problem which is fixed in RC 2

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124185

or someone else might be able to better tell you how to downgrade to Dharma
WE ALL WE GOT
FishOil Wrote:What kind of help do you expect? You didnt give us a shred of information, let alone tell us what video card you have. jeez

Details

My hardware is not relevant for the question I asked. Read the last sentence of the original post.

bigdog66 Wrote:Don't know if you loaded RC 1 or RC 2
sounds like this could be your problem which is fixed in RC 2

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124185

or someone else might be able to better tell you how to downgrade to Dharma

Thanks for this, unfortunately it looks like RC2 is not out for Ubuntu yet. I guess I can wait a few days and find out.
You can easily go back to Dharma by installing Ubuntu then installing Dharma. XBMCBuntu is the new version of XBMC Live, and thus is Eden only. You might be able to load the stable team-xbmc repo, perform and apt-get update, and then apt-get install xbmc, which should give you Dharma.

In order to fix you issues with Eden, you most certainly need to explain what hardware you have. You might be able to grab RC2 by performing an apt-get update and then installing XBMC again. If RC2 has made it to the repos, it will install over RC1 or the beta build(s).
errornumber419 Wrote:My hardware is not relevant for the question I asked. Read the last sentence of the original post.

uh.......ok...good luck going backwards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back to Dharma?0