Best MCE Remotes
Since it seems Microsoft no longer make / brand an MCE remote, I'm looking to get hold of something that is as easy to use.

I have two of them in my house but am making a machine for my parents, ideally I'd like something that is plug and play and will work as easy as the MCE remote did with my LIVE setup.

Is there anything that you guys can recommend? I've heard that the RC118 from Maplin(UK) works out of the Box and has all of the same buttons.

Not mad keen on the design of it, nor of the fact that it has a tiny IR receiver that you have to use a USB extension with.

Any suggestions ? I did have a quick search but couldn't find a thread recommending alternatives ?

Cheers
It requires a custom keymap, but the remote that you can get for the xbox360 works very well and isn't very expensive. I can send you the keymap if you'd like.
Oh all of the other threads that I found said that the Maplin IR remote worked straight out of the box ?

Is there anything better that you can recommend ? If I do end up having to get the Maplin one, I'll no doubt be in touch for the keymap.

Seems silly that there isn't a wiki page dedicated to remotes, especially Linux ones that play nicely with XBMCLive.

Ideally I'm looking for a remote that comes with an IR receiver, just purchased a ZOTAC Mag, don't believe that it has anything built it.
I got the GP-IR02BK from newegg primarily for the ir receiver but I've found it very good for xbmc. I only followed the instructions for setting up lirc and it was working. I could tweak a few buttons with a custom keymap but all the functionality I use worked right away.
Is the xbox360 the same as the microsoft mca remote?
Case: Ahanix MCE301 Mainboard: M3N78-VM :CPU X2 4200 MHz SSD: 2x OCZ agility 30G Ram: 2G Remote: MS MCE. MSI Geforece 210 & Asrock 330 ION.
FWIW... I have this one... Just plugged it in before I installed xbmc live and it configured everything for me...

-Erik

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best MCE Remotes0