[Linux] Resolution/screen issues with DVI to component converter
I'm running XBMC for Linux 9.11b1, but I suspect this isn't necessarily related to the OS.

In any case, I'd like to connect my XBMC server (info to follow) to my B&K HD6 video switch. The problem is the HD6 only takes component video signals. I have DVI out with the GeForce 9300 chip in the motherboard. I'm using a DVI to component converter (TVOne's 1T-FC-425) to plug into the switch, but the picture is not right. On all settings I've tried, not all of the screen's real estate is used... typically, the screen is kicked to the upper left corner or far enough left that I can't see a portion of the screen (5-10%, roughly). Changing skins doesn't make any notable difference. Both of the TVs connected to the HD6 show the same problem.

Anyone have any suggestions on another approach I could use to connect to the HD6 and/or what I might do to fix the resolution/screen position issue?

Case: ARK 4U-500-CA
Mobo: EVGA 113-YW-E115-TR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 730i HDMI ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80580Q9400
Memory: CORSAIR XMS2 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W
OpenELEC 2.95.5
I have the same issue where my evga card's component out seems to go to the upper left hand corner of the screen and is either oversized (1080, 720) or super small (480 and other standard pc resolutions).

I'm wondering if its something to do with the driver under the Live install. I'd hate to have to go to a real installation of an OS but will do it if necessary. My TV only has component inputs or I'd go another route...

appreciate anyone's feedback.
Unfortunately, no. And it's irritating my wife to no end. :)
OpenELEC 2.95.5

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] Resolution/screen issues with DVI to component converter0